Culture Trip is a startup that inspires people to explore culture & creativity
Branded Content Lead
Culture Trip is the go-to place for curious travellers to get inspired, plan and book - all in one place. Our mission is to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and culture, special, unique and meaningful. Together with our users, we take a stand for an open, tolerant and cosmopolitan world. We deeply care about this, and aspire to be creative, sustainable and inclusive in everything we do.
We help our culturally curious audience explore and experience their world - wherever they are, wherever they go. Our website and app are packed with award-winning travel stories and recommendations, and our customers can turn inspiration directly into reality as they can book online what they read about through our curated collections of places to stay and things to do.
While travel might be restricted right now, we know that the universal need to experience life never is. That’s why our ‘Stay Safe, Stay Curious’ campaign invites people to explore and experience their own cities and countries, and get outdoors where possible. We have also launched virtual experiences such as online cooking classes with local chefs, museum tours guided by experts and walking tours through much loved cities that you can enjoy from the comfort of your home.
Culture Trip has shown record-breaking growth: monthly unique visitors went up to 15-20 million, app downloads have leapt to more than 2.7 million, social followers have increased to 8 million (in 2019, we were the fastest growing travel and media brand on social media) and our videos have been viewed more than 2.5 billion times since 2016.
Since 2019 alone, we have won more than 30 awards including 3 Digiday Media Awards Europe, 1 Digiday Video Award, 16 Telly awards, 10 Muse Creative awards, 2 Webby awards, 2 Lovie awards, the Travel Media’s Consumer Publication Of The Year Award, and our app was named App of the Day by Apple in the US and the UK.
Culture Trip was founded in 2011 and after four years evolving the concept, the company secured seed funding of $2 million in 2015, Series A funding of $20 million in 2016, a funding injection of $80 million in 2018 and in August 2020 we announced that we have secured additional funding to drive further growth.
The RoleWe are looking for an exceptional individual to join our branded content team. You’ll work globally from the London office and mobilise a commercial-grade network of writers, ensuring Culture Trip’s house style and creative guidelines are embodied in every word - from pre-sale ideation to post-sale execution. As well as being an editorial copywriter when required, you will have experience of project management, which you’ll use to ensure all our campaigns are delivered to a meticulous standard, on time and on budget.
Reporting into our Director, Commercial & Creative, this role currently has one direct line report, our Branded Content Producer.
- Commission a range of high-quality editorial articles and features, spanning themes including travel, food & drink, wellness, art, culture and things to do.
- Ensure editorial excellence in every piece published, whether created in-house or via a global network of freelance writers.
- Write sparkling copy and editorial features across campaigns as and when required.
- Ensure Culture Trip’s house style and creative strategy is distilled into every word.
- Collaborate with the Media Sales team to come up with an endless supply of inspirational, engaging, original content ideas for client briefs in London and New York.
- Manage and oversee branded content delivery within the Content team.
- Work closely with the Director of Commercial & Creative to manage the branded content pipeline, ensuring deadlines are always hit and clients’ expectations are always exceeded.
- Act as a key stakeholder at internal meetings relating to commercial content, giving regular updates to company-wide stakeholders.
- Work closely with all teams to develop fresh, innovative new written treatments for branded content.
- Keep abreast of social trends, innovative content and campaigns, feeding in regular recommendations to the team.
- Be an internal champion for branded content, always striving to elevate the creative excellence of campaigns and championing the work of the team.
Skills & Experience
- You should have demonstrable experience of creating and managing the delivery of outstanding branded content for a range of clients, preferably in the travel market.
- You should have a minimum of five years’ experience as an editor, with a portfolio of highly engaging written work.
- A deep understanding of how branded content engages audiences across multiple platforms including all social channels.
- You should have experience of creating and delivering content that targets audiences in different locations and markets around the world.
- You should have an eagle-eye for detail.
- You should possess an excellent freelance network and be able to map specialist writers to briefs with ease.
- You should have managed or be ready to manage a team that will grow.
- You should be an excellent communicator and collaborative team player who is at ease working across departments.
- You should be passionate about creating outstanding content, and be an advocate for Culture Trip’s mission to bring the world to everyone.
- You should be in your element in a fast paced, creative environment, and be able to juggle multiple projects at any one time.
Culture Trip at a glance
Culture Trip focuses on Travel & Tourism. Their company has offices in New York City, London, and Tel Aviv. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Culture Trip has raised $100M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.