Data Delivery, Simplified
Data Integration Analyst
Crux Informatics is building the next-generation platform for data delivery. Crux currently partners with over 100 data vendors to deliver data through the Crux platform. Once onboarded to the Crux platform, data can be transformed and delivered through numerous channels and mechanisms to help clients access the data they want in the format that they need to drive their business. Our clients include hedge funds, banks, pension funds, and other financial institutions.
The Data Integration (DI) team is responsible for onboarding all data to the Crux platform. The team consists of data analysts, integration engineers, and Quality Assurance (QA) specialists who manage the technical onboarding of datasets from exploratory analysis, workflow development and deployment, to QA, client delivery, and post-delivery production support.
Data Integration Analysts are responsible for exploring, shaping, and building data products for consumers. Without DI Analysts, Crux wouldn’t be able to onboard the very datasets that sit at the heart of the Crux platform.
Note: The “Data Analyst” role means different things to different companies. We emphasize that this role is not focused on statistical analysis, data science, business intelligence, or report generation. At Crux, it’s all about building pipelines. If that interests you, please apply!
Dataset Integration Analysis and Design
- Lead discovery, source system analysis, and data profiling for data products
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure technical requirements are met for each dataset
- Communicate with suppliers and internal teams to resolve ambiguities and ensure data products are built completely and correctly
- Maintain the highest possible data quality standards while achieving efficient onboarding throughput
- Design processes and architect tools to streamline and improve dataset onboarding
- You appreciate the nuances of data and have knowledge of common errors and pitfalls
- You are looking to work on a high-performing team, and you collaborate well with othersYou are curious and aren’t afraid to ask questions
- You are excited by the opportunity to solve challenging data-related problems and find the underlying technologies fascinating
- You are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and can excel with minimal direction, but you know when to ask for help
- You are attentive to detail
- You are an excellent communicator and can clearly communicate complex concepts to others
- Experience in a data-centric role working with structured and unstructured data, APIs, and/or web scraping
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience performing ETL operations, integrating datasets from a wide variety of sources (e.g. FTP, GCS, S3, API) into business platforms and processes (e.g. databases, dashboards)
- History of outstanding organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to design and implement scalable processes
- 2-4+years of experience in an analytics or research function, ideally working with financial data
- Experience validating and modeling data for a variety of uses within the financial services industry
- Understanding of the demands of end users of data, particularly financial institutions
Comprehensive health benefits
Generous parental leave
Flexible vacation and work policies
Weekly team lunches, team sports, social events, and philanthropic initiatives
Crux Informatics at a glance
Crux Informatics focuses on Financial Services, Machine Learning, Big Data, Data Integration, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Crux Informatics has raised $41M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.