The world's most trusted business information platform
Crunchbase helps the world discover and connect with the companies that matter. Our data platform is the foundation on top of which all these connections can be made - it not only powers the data at the heart of Crunchbase, but also hundreds of external sites and applications around the world, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions.
Crunchbase is looking to hire a Managing Editor to lead our News team with a focus on the planning and performance of editorial content. This will involve managing a high-performing team of journalists while maintaining quality and consistency in breaking news and feature reporting.
The Crunchbase Marketing and Media team:
Our Crunchbase Marketing and Media team is instrumental across the entire user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We combine creativity with decisions based on data and are always thinking about how we can better connect and inform our audience.
As A Crunchbase Managing Editor, you are responsible for:
- Leading the editorial process and giving direction to the news team
- Overseeing the news team’s daily publishing operations from suggesting ideas for stories to seeing them through to publication
- Planning and approving assignments for writers and editors
- Monitoring and reporting on performance and traffic/analytics to other department leads.
- Serving as the forward-facing personality by attending networking events, and engaging with the community
- Being the point-of-contact within Crunchbase for all news-related activities.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to help improve content creation across the organization
- 5+ years of proven experience in editing content for online publications
- Experience in managing a network of journalists
- An ability to analyze and communicate results to leaders and other partners
- Experience identifying emerging trends in communications
- Experience working with content management systems
What Crunchbase offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.