Discover innovative companies and the people behind them
Senior Frontend Engineer
Senior Frontend Engineer
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
We are hiring a Senior Frontend Engineer to build flexible, metadata driven user interfaces across the Crunchbase platform and act as a mentor to more junior engineers. User Interface and User Experience are the key drivers helping us to achieve our vision. We care deeply about creating something that feels right in every detail, and we’re looking for engineers with either a proven design aesthetic or a passion for front-end components to help us go faster. Are you ready to help us build UI Architecture that, much like its platform counterpart, enables rapid iteration, high availability, and a fast & delightful experience?
Frontend Engineering at Crunchbase
The responsibilities of front-end engineers at Crunchbase include:
• Build a lazy-loaded Angular module to support a new product
• Write an Express middleware to bootstrap data on the server
• Work with Product and Design to explore new feature ideas and flows
• Write a client-side service communicate with backend microservices
• Use developer tools to understand server and client side performance
• Collaborate with Backend teams to design an API for a new platform function
• Familiarity with Angular/React or Typescript is a plus, but not required
• You are motivated to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies and best practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals.
What Crunchbase offers
• Competitive salary and equity
• Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
• Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Volunteering Paid Time Off
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Monthly commuting stipend
• Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Top tier medical, vision, and dental benefits
401k and roth plans
10 weeks fully-paid parental leave for all new parents
Competitive salary and equity
Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy
Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
Free Lyft rides after late nights at the office
Generous referral bonus program
Crunchbase at a glance
Crunchbase focuses on SaaS, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Communities, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Crunchbase has raised $26.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2017.