Royalties and Transparency for Artists
Intermediate Front End Developer$60k – $90k
Intermediate Front End Developer - Downtown Vancouver (BC)
Vancouver, BC | Full Time | Tech Team
Join our 25+ person team for an opportunity to tackle fun new challenges while making a big impact in a collaborative and culture driven environment. Our Vancouver Team is passionate about building tools that advance the music industry to modernize the way artists create, distribute, and get paid.
WHO WE ARE
We are Create Music Group, one of the fastest growing music technology companies in the entertainment industry. We monetize over 8 billion monthly music streams and are currently one of the largest music rights holders in the world. We operate a number of different services out of our 22,000 sq ft HQ in the heart of Hollywood, Los Angeles (US) including: music distribution, music publishing, YouTube monetization, artist development, brand development, and production. Check us out at createmusicgroup.com.
We collaborate with some of the most influential personalities and musicians including Future, Migos; Marshmello, Porter Robinson, Dillon Francis, Don Diablo; Young Thug, Trippie Redd, Soulja Boy; Jacob Sartorius, and others. We are at the forefront of the entertainment industry and looking for someone to join us and to become a part of the Create family.
WHO YOU ARE
- Appreciator of music and the digital age of tech/entertainment
- A front-end developer who can provide guidance and implement visual elements that users see and interact with in a web application
- Can collaborate closely with API Developers
- Well versed in Agile methodology
- 3+ years of front-end development thoroughly understanding HTML, CSS, JS, and their interactions
- Comfortable with JS frameworks such as react.js and angular.js
- Experience with converting design files into responsive HTML, CSS, and JS
- Experience in developing SEO friendly websites and optimized for social media sharing
- Familiar with webpack, gulp, and alternatives
- Proficiency with version control (Git) and building scalable applications
- Experience in developing responsive cross-browser/cross-platform UIs for web applications
- Experience with converting design files into HTML, CSS, and JS
- Have an understanding of the agile methodologies
- Comfortable with JS frameworks such as React.js and Angular.js
- Proficiency with ES6 and it’s best practices
- Proficiency with Postman, Pivotal Tracker / Jira
- Experience with Programming Languages (PHP, Python, etc.)
- Salary: $60,000 to $90,000 CAD
- 15 Days Paid Vacation
- 5 Days Paid Sick Leave
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- Fun office in downtown Vancouver, featuring open-plan work environments
- Communal snacks and all the coffee or tea you could ever want
- Weekly catered lunches at the office
- Potential travel to our LA Headquarters to meet the rest of our team
- Awesome social events and activities every month
- Super dog-friendly office!
MORE ABOUT US
Our team in Vancouver is the heart of Create Music Group’s technology! We commit to building a community where our employees are valued for their contributions and perspectives. You will be working with a team where the impact of what you do really matters. While we are extremely hardworking and focused, Create Music Group also believes in a healthy work/life balance. You can find us hanging out in our common areas where we play video games, challenge each other to a game of pong, or lounging with our friendly office dogs! Our high-energy culture is a great place for personal growth and career success. If you are motivated, have a positive attitude, enjoy challenges and want to be part of a growing team - then we want to hear from you!
Send us your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should tell us who you are and why you would be the perfect fit for this position - and for our team! Link us anything else you want - your portfolio, website, socials, etc.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Add "Intermediate Front End Developer Application" in the subject line.
Only applications with a cover letter + resume will be accepted
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to excellence through diversity.