Roblox Coding Curriculum Designer and Instructor$1k – $10k
We are looking for someone who has experience creating games in the Roblox gaming platform, enjoys teaching kids, and has strong coding skills, to help us design our Roblox Coding Curriculum. The initial project will be about 3 months which includes helping us create a curriculum on Roblox for elementary/middle school students, running through several iterations with our beta groups, and training other teachers to start teaching the curriculum. You will be joining a team of educators, designers, and developers who are passionate about creating project-based and inquiry-based computer science courses for kids.
- Create the Roblox curriculum and design additional sessions
- Create the materials used in classes
- Build new games as well as instructions
- Conduct beta classes with other teachers
- Deliver the class directly to students
- Iterate based on feedback from other teachers and students
Instructors must have
- Strong foundational coding skills and good understanding of computer science (Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent)
- Passionate about education and teaching technologies
- Previous experience in working with kids
- Strong interests in technology, computers, and building games.
- Enjoy playing and have experience with developing games in the Roblox gaming platform or Unity and Minecraft
- Be able to pass a background check
- Authorized to work in the US
- Have a workspace in which to teach remotely (free of background noise)
Nice to have
- Current/past teacher in a credited public/private school is a plus
- Previous experiences in developing computer science curriculum
- Previous experience teaching how to develop games in Roblox to children
About Create & Learn
At Create & Learn, we teach students K-12 Interdisciplinary Computer Science with a strong focus on state of art technologies, real world applications, as well as creativity and critical thinking skills. Learn more about us at our website www.create-learn.us.