Building high-quality radiology programs for payers, rooted in data science and analytics
Director of Artificial Intelligence – Computer Vision$175k – $225k • 0.01% – 1.0%
About the company
Covera Health is transforming how quality health care is measured and delivered. We're starting in radiology where the wrong diagnosis can lead to a cascade effect of misguided care, enormous patient harm and, for some, a missed opportunity for recovery. An early and accurate diagnosis is the patient's best chance to get better - this is the crucial problem we’re solving, and the mission we’re on.
Our first product uses a proprietary framework that leverages advanced data science and artificial intelligence to help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to impact millions of patient lives.
We believe in a world without misdiagnoses. We believe in a world in which every patient receives the treatment they need to lead a healthy life. And we’re a team that is passionate about solving some of healthcare’s toughest problems.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Director of Artificial Intelligence to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients across the country. You will bring your leadership experience in medical imaging analysis to provide technical mentorship to our Artificial Intelligence team and ensure that sound deep learning modeling, methodologies, and best practices are utilized to develop tools for automated quality assessments of radiology exams. You will partner with AI and data science team members to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve collection of pertinent imaging data. You will remain on the cutting edge of technology advancements and will have the opportunity to work with entirely unique and diverse radiology data sets, with key clinical experts in the radiological field. You will have a critical impact on the whole company by influencing our Artificial Intelligence strategy and driving efforts to improve the quality of care for millions of patients.
It is crucial that you have a PhD with a thesis and work in application of medical imaging, or machine learning methodologies.
You will be expected to:
• Lead a team of AI scientists to apply state of the art deep / machine learning techniques to medical imaging problems
• Bring technical and operational leadership to drive automated assessment of the quality of radiology diagnoses in various patient populations
• Drive operational efficiencies and influence team development to predict patient outcomes
• Proactively identify new ways to use or augment data to improve effectiveness and efficiency across all AI and data science roles and the broader company
• Identify and integrate new data sources to improve metrics and models
• Serve as a thought leader to our team in troubleshooting issues and developing analytical approaches that drive significant business value
• Implement best practices in data management, quality control processes, and maintaining code/documentation repositories
• Prioritize and communicate AI goals based on our company objectives
• Own and present findings to various stakeholders across the company, and mentor the team to grow in their presentation skills
• Collaborate cross-functionally with internal Clinical, Healthcare Provider Partnerships, Operations, and Engineering teams to optimize our use of data and analytics to develop insights
• 5+ years work experience as a Scientist in Medical Imaging
• Additional 3+ years work as a senior leader and manager among a Data Science / AI team
• PhD in computer science, computer vision, electrical engineering or related field from top academic program, including a thesis project focused on Machine Learning and Image Understanding in healthcare
• Strong background in deep learning and serious understanding of state-of-the-art DL / DRL techniques. Knowledge of Uncertainty modeling, Bayesian CNN, Gaussian Processes is a plus
• Experience with deep learning based product development
• Experience configuring and executing analyses in the cloud (e.g. using AWS resources)
• Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude to work and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
• Experience working with medical data
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, HRA, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and--when we go back to the office--a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a talented, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better! Even while remote, you'll experience the Covera culture as we offer a host of virtual experiences including a book club, fitness club, guest speakers, dynamic Slack channels, and more!
Medical, vision, dental
Paid membership to one medical
Fully-stocked kitchen, cold brew, and beer on tap!
Discounted citibike membership
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Annual education stipend
Brand-new, high-rise office space with incredible views of nyc & natural light
Covera Health at a glance
Covera Health focuses on Healthcare, Machine Learning, Health Care Information Technology, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Covera Health has raised $32M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.