Building high-quality radiology programs for payers, rooted in data science and analytics
Infrastructure - DevOps Engineer$135k – $165k • 0.01% – 1.0%
About the company
Covera Health is transforming how quality health care is measured and delivered. We're starting in radiology where the wrong diagnosis can lead to a cascade effect of misguided care, enormous patient harm and, for some, a missed opportunity for recovery. An early and accurate diagnosis is the patient's best chance to get better - this is the crucial problem we’re solving, and the mission we’re on.
Our first product uses a proprietary framework that leverages advanced data science and artificial intelligence to help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to impact millions of patient lives.
We believe in a world without misdiagnoses. We believe in a world in which every patient receives the treatment they need to lead a healthy life. And we’re a team that is passionate about solving some of healthcare’s toughest problems.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. In this role, you will join our growing Engineering organization and work on the infrastructure that supports our customers and providers, as well as internal teams like Operations, Provider Partnerships, Data Science, and AI.
In this role, you will be responsible for making important design decisions around our infrastructure, helping us evaluate which tools to use, and planning and orchestrating complex changes. Working closely with the rest of the engineering team, you will help ensure we are building high quality systems and have good monitoring in place to keep them running smoothly.
• Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and other teams across the company to understand and support business needs.
• Design and build reliable, performant, maintainable, secure infrastructure which can scale to the needs of our business.
• Manage our infrastructure through code and automate whenever possible.
• Ensure reliable and ongoing measurement and monitoring of our infrastructure.
• Maintain and enhance build/deployment pipelines for continuous integration and delivery of changes in order to improve the quality and availability of our systems.
• Collaborate closely with other engineers by receiving and providing feedback on plans, technical designs, and code.
You are passionate about using your skills to help improve quality of care for patients across the country. You strive to deliver high quality work, and have great attention to detail. You are an excellent communicator and work well both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
In addition, you have the following:
• BS in computer science or related technical field
• 3-7 years of professional experience, 3+ with infra / DevOps in cloud environments
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with Unix-based environments and shell scripting
• Experience with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform preferred)
• Experience with containers / orchestration (Kubernetes preferred)
You may also have the following:
• Experience managing databases, big data systems, and data pipelines
• Familiarity with Python
• Experience working at a healthtech company
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, HRA, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and--when we go back to the office--a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a talented, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better! Even while remote, you'll experience the Covera culture as we offer a host of virtual experiences including a book club, fitness club, guest speakers, dynamic Slack channels, and more!
Medical, vision, dental
Paid membership to one medical
Fully-stocked kitchen, cold brew, and beer on tap!
Discounted citibike membership
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Annual education stipend
Brand-new, high-rise office space with incredible views of nyc & natural light
Covera Health at a glance
Covera Health focuses on Healthcare, Machine Learning, Health Care Information Technology, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Covera Health has raised $8.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.