Building high-quality radiology programs for payers, rooted in data science and analytics
Senior Data Engineer$150k – $170k • 0.01% – 1.0%
About the company
Covera Health is transforming how quality health care is measured and delivered. We're starting in radiology where the wrong diagnosis can lead to a cascade effect of misguided care, enormous patient harm and, for some, a missed opportunity for recovery. An early and accurate diagnosis is the patient's best chance to get better - this is the crucial problem we’re solving, and the mission we’re on.
Our first product uses a proprietary framework that leverages advanced data science and artificial intelligence to help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to impact millions of patient lives.
We believe in a world without misdiagnoses. We believe in a world in which every patient receives the treatment they need to lead a healthy life. And we’re a team that is passionate about solving some of healthcare’s toughest problems.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. In this role, you will join our growing Engineering organization and work with data systems and pipelines that serve our customers and providers, as well as internal teams like Sales, Operations, Provider Partnerships, Data Science, and AI.
You will be responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining the data systems, pipelines, and infrastructure supporting key workflows and functions across the company -- from operations to provider data management to business intelligence and data analytics.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for making key design decisions, evaluating which data technologies and tools to use, and implementing large and complex features. You will work closely with others in planning and delivery of features. You will also mentor and provide feedback to other data engineers on the team and evangelize best practices.
● Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and other teams across the company to understand and support business needs.
● Use your knowledge and experience with different data technologies to help us choose the right tool for each job (and to help us switch to better tools where appropriate).
● Design data models around a variety of different types of data including: healthcare provider data, patient authorizations and claims, medical images and reports, proprietary quality assessments, and more.
● Build reliable, performant, maintainable, secure systems and pipelines which can scale to the needs of our business.
● Transform complex (and sometimes messy) data from disparate sources into clean, coherent data sets for consumers.
● Expose data interfaces to customers, providers, and internal teams.
● Mentor other data engineers by reviewing work, providing feedback, and evangelizing best practices.
● Play a key role in recruiting and scaling the data engineering team.
You are passionate about using your skills in data engineering to help improve quality of care for patients across the country. You strive to deliver high quality work, and have great attention to detail. You are an excellent communicator and work well in a collaborative team environment.
In addition, you have the following:
● BS in computer science or related technical field
● 5-7+ years of professional experience with data engineering
● Deep familiarity with the landscape of data technologies (tools for ingestion, processing, storage, etc.)
● Comfort working with Unix-based environments and the command-line
● Comfort with containers
● Experience with Python
● Experience with Airflow or Luigi
● Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
● Experience with AWS, including preferably:
○ Data storage and warehousing (e.g. S3, RDS, Redshift)
○ Data transfer (e.g. DMS, Glue, etc.)
○ Data processing (e.g. Athena, EMR, Lambda, etc.)
You may also have the following:
● Experience working at a healthtech company or with healthcare data
● Familiarity with Terraform/Terragrunt
● Familiarity with Kubernetes
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, HRA, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and--when we go back to the office--a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a talented, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better! Even while remote, you'll experience the Covera culture as we offer a host of virtual experiences including a book club, fitness club, guest speakers, dynamic Slack channels, and more!
Medical, vision, dental
Paid membership to one medical
Fully-stocked kitchen, cold brew, and beer on tap!
Discounted citibike membership
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Annual education stipend
Brand-new, high-rise office space with incredible views of nyc & natural light
Covera Health at a glance
Covera Health focuses on Healthcare, Machine Learning, Health Care Information Technology, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Covera Health has raised $32M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.