Universal access to the world's best education
Senior Software Engineer Test Automation
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 71 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
Coursera is a Silicon Valley based company and we opened our second engineering office in Toronto in March 2019. We’re hiring a Test Engineer to join our new Toronto team. Test Engineering at Coursera is all about delivering high quality software used by millions of learners across the world. We are looking for someone who is innovative and passionate about quality. You will own testing of one or more major functionality of Coursera’s website from the definition of test plans to their implementation, reporting and automation. We’re in the process of forming a Test Engineering team at Coursera, and this is a great opportunity to join as one of the earliest contributors and shapers of the team.
Coursera’s Engineering teams are responsible for maintaining a scalable and reliable platform. Engineering works to build interactive products for the worldwide learner community. We are made up of five teams: Development Infrastructure, Growth, Learner Experience, Partner Experience, and SDET Engineering. Every day, Engineering teams collaborate with cross-functional partners, including other engineers, data scientists, and product managers. Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Own the testing in one or more specific areas and drive continuous improvement and innovation in test coverage and test effectiveness
- Become product/testing expert for the areas you own and provide testing guidance to developers
- Design and implement test strategy to improve efficiency in manual testing
- Design and implement UI testing using frameworks such as Puppeteer or Selenium
- Design and implement API tests to increase testing efficiency and effectiveness
- Improve our existing test automation frameworks and infrastructure
- Bachelors in computer science or relevant experience
- 6+ years of testing experience, ideally testing web applications
- 5+ years of experience in UI and API automation
- Experience with test automation tools (Puppeteer, Selenium)
- Experience with API testing tools (Postman, SoapUI, JMeter)
- Experience with white box testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous startup experience and testing in an Agile development life cycle is a plus
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
Competitive salary and meaningful equity
Open vacation policy — take time off when you need it
Delicious lunch, dinner, and snacks every day
Free access to courses and fully sponsored master's degrees to help you grow
Frequent Make-A-Thons to work on your own projects outside your day-to-day
Coursera at a glance
Coursera focuses on Mobile, Internet, Education, Enterprises, and Content. Their company has offices in New York, London, Mountain View, Toronto, and Gurugram. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Coursera has raised $532.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.