Universal access to the world's best education
Enterprise Account Executive (Bangalore/Remote)
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 64 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,500 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. This team is made up of three sub-teams: Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Strategy & Operations. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi.
We are looking for an Account Executive who can help us empower enterprises across India to offer the world’s best education to their employees.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, entrepreneurial sales manager who can prospect, develop, and close enterprise deals in India. You should have extensive experience of sales to large enterprises. Your knowledge of edtech, enterprise learning / training combined with superior communication skills and analytical abilities will shape Coursera’s enterprise business.
This is a full-time employee position with Coursera India. This will be a remote position based out of Bangalore.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Navigate through large enterprises to leverage cross-sell & upsell opportunities
- Hunt for new accounts in the defined territory and manage some existing accounts
- Develop long-term relationships with clients and design account plans for new relationships
- Possess a full understanding of clients’ specific decision-making and purchasing process
- Effectively prospect, develop, and close sales opportunities
- Create a strategic territory plan and drive revenue within that territory
- Generate leads from marketing events and trade shows
- Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales
- Develop and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against quota
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends to consult and support prospective customers
- Provide quantitative / qualitative analysis to inform team on general trends, product, competitors, etc
- 12+ years of enterprise sales experience
- Extensive enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company (experience selling to large enterprises is essential)
- Proven track record of selling enterprise solutions into large / complex accounts and over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets
- Experience of consistently exceeding quota of $1 Million and more, with proven success in accurately forecasting targets, and achieving sales commits
- Ability to work both as a “farmer” and “hunter” by establishing senior level, long term client relationships to generate cross-sell and upsell opportunities with strategic accounts
- Ability to hold your own in meetings with C-suite representatives from prospective partners and speak as a thought-leader and visionary in the learning space
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working autonomously and as part of a team in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Outstanding ability to collaborate, understand, and empathize with others
- Passion for education
- Travel up to 50%
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
Competitive salary and meaningful equity
Open vacation policy — take time off when you need it
Delicious lunch, dinner, and snacks every day
Free access to courses and fully sponsored master's degrees to help you grow
Frequent Make-A-Thons to work on your own projects outside your day-to-day
Coursera at a glance
Coursera focuses on Mobile, Internet, Education, Enterprises, and Content. Their company has offices in New York, London, Mountain View, Toronto, and Gurugram. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Coursera has raised $532.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.