Helping prospective students get places at English speaking universities
Software Engineer£32k – £36k • 0.1% – 0.25%
Coursematch are building the first university application system in 50 years. We are seeking a developer who believes that the craftsmanship of software products is fundamental and consistently strives to be professional.
Nobody is perfect, you’ll make mistakes, just communicate and we’ll learn together.
We value kindness, compassion, professionalism and consistency.
We won’t talk about impact, as it goes without saying, but personal responsibility and ownership is at our core, you will own at least 1 area of the stack and have substantial weight and opportunity to share your wisdom on a daily basis.
We care about you, your experience and insight from day one. As such we will support you to be successful and ensure that you maintain a healthy work life balance.
For the role our ideal candidate will have mid to senior level of front-end experience, has the ability to use their experience to make balanced technical decisions swiftly and document future improvements.
You’ll primarily be contributing on our frontend and mobile projects, with scope to grow into other areas of the stack depending on the direction you want your career to grow.
What you can expect in your first 2 weeks:
- A welcome team meetup in Manchester, then monthly thereafter.
- A tight-knit team which values transparency
- Your code will be reviewed, and to review code from our Lead Developer.
- You’ll likely be shipping code to production in your first week.
What we are looking for:
This is what we are ideally seeking for our new developer, we understand that everyone’s journey is a little different but if you connect with our values and mission, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Previous experience working in a remote role with a reliable internet connection.
- A strong desire to work in a small but fast moving team.
- Experience using Git, branching and pull requests with descriptive documentation of your work process.
- Exposure to Firebase/Firestore.
These are some of the other frameworks and tooling we are using, we’d love to know if you have any experience with these items!
- React Native
- AWS with docker
- BASH scripting
Meet your team
Coursematch at a glance
Coursematch focuses on Education and Higher Education. Their company has offices in London, Manchester, and Birmingham. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Coursematch has raised $398.322K of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.