Y Combinator-backed Next-Generation Resource Planning Software for Higher Education
VP of Engineering$190k – $240k • 0.2% – 0.4%
Coursedog is building a next-generation Operating System for Higher Education. Founded by former Columbia University students, Coursedog has raised $6m from Y Combinator, Josh Kopelman, Devin Wenig (Former CEO of Ebay) and serves 55 universities from BYU to CUNY to graduate more students and improve admin efficiency.
The VP of engineering will help manage our 8 person engineering team, scale our product, and build out new features. They will facilitate communication between the engineering and product teams, and provide necessary management and organization to allow teams to execute on all tech-related projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Mentor, grow, and empower the engineering team through task assignments, 1-1s, weekly meetings and support discussions.
- Manage application architecture, and provide strategic decisions to scale product as demand increases.
- Represent and communicate team capabilities and engineering priorities across the organization.
- Contribute to the codebase, architect and design new systems, and participate in code review.
- Develop, and maintain and engineering documentation
- Interview and hire new staff
- BA/BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Software Engineering and/or project management
- Experience leading teams and building products in an agile development environment.
- Experience in continuous deployment and testing.
Our Preferable Candidate Has:
- Management experience
- Can actively write code and is proficient with Node.JS, Vue.JS and MongoDB
Coursedog at a glance
Coursedog focuses on Internet, Enterprise Software, University Students, and Edtech. Their company has offices in New York City and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Coursedog has raised $5.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.