Helping real estate & communities build better cities together
Full Stack Software Engineer$75k – $90k • 0.0% – 0.5%
coUrbanize is the only online community engagement solution purpose-built for real estate developers and municipal planners. Our mission is to help community members, planners and developers build better neighborhoods, and our impact can be seen on 300+ projects across North America. We work with transformative urban development projects like JBG Smith's Central District at Crystal City development, future site of Amazon HQ2; Boston Properties' Kendall Square redevelopment plan; and the City of Detroit's Sustainability Action Agenda. coUrbanize is one of BostInno's 19 Boston Startups to Watch in 2019 as well as a member of the 2019 GovTech 100.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to help develop new software in the proptech space. Reporting to the Tech Lead, the candidate will be responsible for quickly building solutions for our customers and collaborating with the team on the direction of the product, processes, and company.
A successful candidate will have an understanding of software engineering best practices and a history of success working in a small team. You should be comfortable jumping in and learning new skills on our ever-evolving products.
- Passionate about coding the right solutions by starting small, shipping frequently, collecting feedback, and deferring unnecessary complexity
- Have experience building applications with modern best practices (e.g. Agile processes, test driven development, continuous delivery, code reviews)
- Enjoy working with product managers and developers, collaborating on implementation decisions in a direct and constructive way to come up with the best solutions
- Like working in a team with a collaborative feedback culture who support each other to improve and grow faster together
You'll be a good fit if you:
- Have 1-2 years software engineering experience
- Have experience with modern web frameworks
- Are excellent at translating user requirements into tech requirements and communicating the technical tradeoffs behind possible solutions across functional areas
- Are comfortable in a culture of fast iteration and high growth
- Are a natural problem-solver and willing to take initiative
- Are intellectually curious and interested in the perspectives of others
We're committed to building better communities and value our employees tremendously. We provide:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent health and dental coverage
- Flexible work schedule (we aim to accommodate individual & family schedules)
- Generous vacation
- Equity in a fast-growing company
- 401K savings plan
- Pre-tax transit benefits
We are always looking to make our team more diverse. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.