A South Korean internet retail website that lists home goods, appliances, clothing and groceries
Principal Software Engineer (Machine Learning)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our vision is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley
The Recommendation Team owns Coupang’s product recommendation, personalized gateway and product review quality. We use state of the art Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies to recommend products that customers would love. We continuously innovate and build our highly scalable Machine Learning platform to support the fast growing business and customer needs.
*About the role *
Develop new Machine Learning features, models to create new recommendation algorithm or improve existing algorithms. Mine vast amount of data to gain insights from customer behavior; create data jobs to generate Machine Learning features; build and train new models; run experiments to validate and launch new models. Responsible for the production system running Machine Learning models. Own the full practical Machine Learning process end to end.
*Who we are looking for *
- Experience working with large-scale, complex datasets to create and optimize machine learning models.
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and solving problems with data science.
- Fast paced self-learner with proven record of launching successful features and improving business metrics.
- Write robust and efficient code using Java, Python etc with unit and integration tests.
- Understand production environment, continuous build, monitoring and alerting. Able to dive deep to debug and resolve usual production issues.
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and solving operational problems with data science
- Practical understanding and hands-on experience with
- Supervised learning methods (linear and logistic regression, generalized linear models, decision trees, random forests, support vectormachines, neural networks / deep learning, etc.).
- Unsupervised learning methods (K-means, hierarchical clustering)
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coupang at a glance
Coupang focuses on Internet, E-Commerce, and Customer Service. Their company has offices in New York City, Seattle, Mountain View, Seoul, and Chaoyang. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees. To date, Coupang has raised $3.418B of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018.