Enterprise-class, NoSQL cloud database
Senior Technical Recruiter, US & EMEA (Contract)
In this environment, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. As our next step, we are looking for a Senior Recruiter to augment our Engineering and Product talent efforts for US and EMEA based roles as we grow through this fiscal year.
At Couchbase, we are in the midst of building a best-in-class talent organization – A team comprised of smart, creative and curious people who value each other, exhibit a great deal of ownership in their work, and who believe having a growth mindset provides a conduit to continuing success. Couchbase is turning to us to find its next generation, and while we are deserving of that trust, we are humbled by it. On this team, we push each other to be better and to be innovative – by building that foundation into our collective DNA now, we’ll be setting ourselves (and therefore this company) up for untold success.
With this mindset, you will develop a deep understanding of Couchbase’s strategic roadmap, consult directly with senior Engineering and Product leaders, launch cutting edge sourcing strategies, and subsequently identify, attract, and close top talent. If you thrive working as part of a collaborative and evolving team, you’ll love your life on Couchbase’s People team.
- Perform full life-cycle recruiting for all levels of roles across our Engineering and Product teams - from lead generation to hire!
- Partner with hiring managers and the People team to anticipate future hiring needs, identify any core competencies, and develop job descriptions that speak to our needs now and into the future
- Provide hiring managers with insights and feedback as a strategic partner
- Source candidates for technical roles from a variety of high quality sources
- Guide candidates through Couchbase’s recruiting process in a timely and effective manner, treating them with the care and respect that you would treat your best of friends
- Drive the internal recruiting process through our applicant tracking system (Lever), understanding that with clean data comes valuable insight
- Plan events and identify opportunities to network, knowing that you represent Couchbase both in the office and out in the world
- Work with the Head of Talent Acquisition to develop learning opportunities and related curricula for the growing Talent team - if we all freely share knowledge, we all rise together!
- BA/BS in HR, Business, Computer Science or related fields, or commensurate experience
- 5+ years' experience performing full cycle recruiting, with 3+ years of that in-house
- 5+ years' experience sourcing and/or recruiting candidates for database engineering, systems engineering, product management or related roles
- 3+ years' experience working within an enterprise environment
- Passion for mentorship and coaching
- Sufficient experience in technical recruiting to understand the tech market, and how to win in this war for talent
- Demonstrate understanding of the competitive landscape and how to research, develop, and execute a plan to acquire talent
- Proficiency with talent acquisition technologies (ATS, internet sourcing tools, campaign management tools, networking/referral technology, and talent mapping)
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
Time off when you need it.
Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Great market opportunity and growth potential
A fantastic culture
A focused, energetic team with aligned goals. True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
Open, collaborative spaces.
Couchbase at a glance
Couchbase focuses on Enterprise Software, Big Data, Databases, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, London, Mountain View, Manchester, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Couchbase has raised $311M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.