Enterprise-class, NoSQL cloud database
Senior Software Engineer in Test
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling innovative and exciting challenges head-on with a team that prioritizes honesty, transparency, and humility. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry. At Couchbase, you can go home knowing that you have an impact. What we do matters. Enjoy the journey.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will design and implement advanced, automated test suites to exercise our cutting-edge distributed, scale-out data infrastructure software systems. In this role you won’t be a manual tester; you'll work with Python, C/C++, Java and a number of other programming and scripting languages to build automated test frameworks and testing tools. Collaborating cross-functionally, you’ll have the opportunity to provide valuable insight and feedback as a valued member of the Quality Engineering team. Your contributions to a fantastic and growing team as you work on challenging problems will be crucial to our continued growth and success!
- Develop test framework, project planning, test tool development, automation, debugging and defect analysis
- Set up and configure test environments, including Windows and Linux operating systems, networking and proxies, and client-server tests
- Work with Python, Java, Go, .Net and C/C++ to design and implement automated test frameworks
- Create and execute test plans, producing status reports and test results
- Work on large scale distributed systems and relational/NoSQL databases
- Collaborate with development engineers to build, evolve and maintain a scalable continuous build and deployment pipeline
- Use quality and testing experience to identify test gaps and opportunities to expand out test case coverage
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing one or more of the following: server performance, API interfaces, databases / data stores, operating systems, network performance
- Experience setting up and configuring test environments, including Linux and Windows operating systems, networking and proxies, and client-server tests
- Proficient coding in at least one language ex: Python, C/C++, Java
- Experience designing test plans and writing tools for performance, load, stress and functional testing
- Demonstrated competence in analyzing and troubleshooting problems
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years relevant professional experience, or commensurate experience
- Experience working on large scale enterprise distributed systems or relational/NoSQL databases
Time off when you need it.
Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Great market opportunity and growth potential
A fantastic culture
A focused, energetic team with aligned goals. True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
Open, collaborative spaces.
Couchbase at a glance
Couchbase focuses on Enterprise Software, Big Data, Databases, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, London, Mountain View, Manchester, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Couchbase has raised $311M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.