Explore and operate your service architecture
Founding Software Engineer$120k – $150k • 0.5% – 0.9%
What is Cortex?
Cortex helps engineering teams understand and improve their services. By aggregating data from tools like Datadog and Okta, we help teams understand their architecture at a glance – everything from ownership to runbooks. Using this data, we enable engineers to build report cards that score services against initiatives and service quality standards, helping teams build high quality software and instill a culture of quality.
Why join us?
The tools teams use today (excel sheets and confluence) are cumbersome and rudimentary - we’re on a mission to create a new category of engineering tooling, to solve the organizational complexity of microservices.
We're a fast growing, Sequoia+YC backed startup. You'll have real ownership over our product and direction – there's no doubt you'll be making an outsized impact on our trajectory. As market creators, we have several interesting engineering and product challenges to solve, and your input will directly influence the direction of the company.
What is the role?
We're an early stage (YC and Sequoia backed) team, so you'll be working on a little bit of everything - from product decisions to tough engineering problems.
- Help us decide what to build next! We're creating a brand new market category and the area is ripe for innovation.
- Build integrations with third party data sources (e.g. SonarQube, Datadog, Confluence)
- Building out a live graph of services and their dependencies
- Spec, design, and build functionality in our web app (React + Typescript)
- Adding functionality to our custom rules engine (ANTLR grammar for language, kotlin evaluator)
What's our stack?
- Kotlin + Spring Boot
- Typescript + React + Bootstrap
- Kubernetes (GKE)
Meet your team
Cortex at a glance
Cortex focuses on Developer Tools. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://getcortexapp.com