Financing the Digital Economy
Chief Technology Officer$1k – $75k • 0.01% – 3.5%
Want to work on the cutting edge of machine learning, decentralized finance, and startup investing? ...us too.
Corl is seeking a CTO. The CTO will work alongside the CEO and be a critical force behind Corl's technology goals. Some information about the company can be found at corl.io,, however, we have an exciting multi-year plan that will be shared to candidates that receive an interview. The standard details of the role are listed below:
Software Engineering & Infrastructure:
- Develop the company’s strategy for using technological resources.
- Ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely.
- Evaluate and implement new systems and infrastructure.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Manage cyber security for the company and implement best practices.
- Manage our engineering team and software workflow with Jira and Git (Bitbucket).
- Code in JS (Node.js, React.js, Nest.js) and other languages as needed.
- Support DevOps and DB Admin with our Senior Software Engineer.
Data Engineering & Machine Learning:
- Develop state of the art algorithms, theories, and methods that automate our big-data driven royalty investments and financing platform.
- Maintain and update existing machine learning algorithms/theories/methods.
- Generate technical documentation and test procedures in support of produced research.
- Collaborate with other members of the organization to ensure successful commercialization, deployment, and maintenance of developed algorithms and methods.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Stay up to date with the latest relevant research and trends and perform critical analysis of the competitive landscape.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors. Other:
- Contribute to the IP portfolio of the company.
- Maintain detailed records of work and produce technical reports and presentations for other groups of the organization.
- Help departments use technology profitably.
Corl at a glance
Corl focuses on Artificial Intelligence, Venture Capital, Finance Technology, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Toronto, Montreal, and Charlotte. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Corl has raised $1M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2018.