Optimize your web and mobile UX
Data Privacy and Compliance Officer
Contentsquare is a dynamic SaaS technology startup based in Paris seeing explosive growth following $312 million of funding in total. Recognised by Gartner as one of the four most innovative ecommerce technologies in the world, and Wired Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest startups, Contentsquare is a Digital Experience Analytics Platform helping brands to create better experiences online.
We work with 600+ clients globally including Unilever, L'Occitane, GoPro, Hertz, Avon and Club Med to empower their teams with behavioural insight.
A bit of context:
Contentsquare Privacy and Compliance team is responsible for the monitoring, guidance and enforcement of any and all privacy and compliance aspects in the Contentsquare global company. From Product to Sales, from Marketing to HR, we are there to provide guidance and be involved in all current and future activities of the company.
In the complex privacy and compliance environment we currently live, where everyday we encounter new regulations, legislation, regulatory guidance or decisions, we need to be on the front line, ready for any challenge.
We provide business oriented privacy and compliance counseling to all departments of the company, conduct privacy and compliance analysis and lead remediation plans where such are needed. We keep track of any changes in our company and in the global privacy and compliance environment and plan ahead.
We are looking for an experienced Data Privacy and Compliance Officer, reporting to Contentsquare's Global Director of Data Privacy and Compliance, Tal Shahar, to be located in our Paris office and be the point of contact for any local, EU and Global privacy and compliance matter.
On a typical day you might:
- Perform and maintain ISO 27701 certification.
- Perform DPIAs in accordance with Company’s needs.
- Keep all privacy and compliance related documentation up-to date (e.g. public policies and notices, record of processing activities, internal procedures and processes, internal and external knowledge bases, translations, etc.)
- Establish and maintain connections with global and local regulators (CNIL, ICO, etc.)
- Perform privacy and compliance due diligence as part of M&A or vendor/partner assessments.
- Perform dedicated privacy and compliance gap analysis and remediation plans.
- Perform periodic Privacy By Design meetings with the product house.
- Monitor privacy and compliance KPIs.
- Maintain and implement Data Subject Requests (DSR) processes and solutions
- Keep track of any and all global regulatory and legislative changes.
- Be available for all global group privacy and compliance needs and queries (e.g customer questions, sales requests, vendor assessments, professional opinions, etc.).
We'd love to meet you:
- You are fluent in French and English
- You have at least 3-5 years of in-house related experience at a multinational corporation or experience counseling clients on international privacy and compliance matters.
- You understand complex global data privacy laws and principles, including the GDPR, ePrivacy, UK and EU member state privacy laws and guidelines, the CCPA and others.
- You are able to provide practical, actionable counsel that balances legal risk and business impact in a dynamic environment, with experience in the SaaS / Software / Technology sector ideally.
- You know how to manage a project and lead complex cross-functional team assignments.
- You have experience in counseling to advanced data processing technology and activities, as well as data mapping, gap analysis, remediation plans and related data management and governance.
- You know how to answer questionnaires related to data privacy and compliance.
- You already have conducted data privacy impact assessments (DPIA).
- You have experience in drafting and maintaining up-to-date data privacy and compliance documentation (e.g. public policies and notices, internal procedures and processes, record of processing activities, internal and external knowledge base, etc.)
Ways to stand out from the crowd (not mandatory):
- Law degree from an accredited law school with excellent academic credentials; admission to practice in good standing as a member of a jurisdiction.
- Experience in negotiating client, services and license agreements and drafting legal documents concerning privacy and compliance.
- Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of IAPP (or similar) certifications
- Experience involving direct communications with local privacy regulator (CNIL)
- Experience in ISO 27701 certification
- Experience in data processing activities involving personal data of children and/or related to healthcare
- Experience in non-profit foundation compliance topics
- Experience as a Data Protection Officer
Good to know
- Location: in the very centre of Paris (1er arrondissement)
- Contract: full-time permanent (CDI)
- Start date: as soon as you're available
- Please send your application in English :)
As well as the opportunity to have a tangible impact on the success of the global business here’s what else we offer:
- Plenty of opportunities for training and development
- Flexible approach to working hours and holidays
- Attractive people care approach with good health insurance
- Fun office culture and strong team spirit, with beers every Friday and quarterly parties
- Regular breakfasts and fruit in the office each week
- 25 days PTO + 10 days RTT
- Many benefits via our CSE such as reductions on gym membership and leisure activities
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Contentsquare at a glance
Contentsquare focuses on Internet, SaaS, E-Commerce, Advertising, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in New York, London, Paris, Munich, and Ramat Gan. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Contentsquare has raised $20M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2016.