Contently is the unified content marketing solution for the world’s best enterprise brands
Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager** Location: New York City ***Reporting into: Director, Program Strategy*
The Sr. Account Manager is responsible for commercial execution with Fortune500 and high-growth clients to achieve the objectives of maximizing retention and growth within all assigned accounts. This role works in alignment with the Sales, Services, and Product teams to maintain and expand relationships across client organizations with a particular focus on new line of business expansion.
The Sr. Account Manager must be positive and constantly be thinking about penetrating organizations deeper and higher up. You should have a sales funnel thought bubble floating over your head at all times! Your character and personality is hungry, entrepreneurial, and solution-oriented. You want to manage people one day and this is your shot at showing you have what it takes to lead from a place of empathy and positivity. The Sr. Account Manager is essential in growing and retaining revenue from strategic customer relationships and functions as an amplifier for the sales organization within customers to optimize execution on renewal, cross sell, and upsell activities. We are suckers for superior writing skills and a friendly, considerate, and value-driven communication style. As a team, we value acute attention to detail, empathy, quick turnaround times, and positivity. We like to cross off to do lists while delivering enormous value. We get stuff done.
What you'll do:
- Consistently grow and preserve revenue across existing clients - at or above revenue quota
- Educate C-level clients on the benefits of Contently’s unique platform and services model
- Evangelize content strategy’s benefit to large enterprises at QBRs (and everywhere else)
- Build account plans and scale winning go-to-market strategies to deepen relationships and uncover new opportunities
- Ensure high client retention rates are achieved
- Customer point of contact for Fortune500 brands
- Ownership of upsell opportunities within existing lines of business
- Obsessively develop and deepen new and existing relationships
- Execution of commercial activities to include legal and contractual
- Manages renewal cycles of customers along with associated renewal forecasting
- Proactively identify and penetrate new lines of business
- Preparation and attendance at key client meetings (e.g. QBRs)
Who you are:
- 7+ years experience in Account Management or Customer Success, ideally within a creative agency, B2B SaaS, Martech, or a content-oriented solution
- Positive leader with solution-forward, entrepreneurial, “show me the money” mindset
- You’re well versed in value selling and have a proven track record of growing revenue across an existing client portfolio
- You relish the idea of being introduced to new accounts and handle transitions like a pro - the client barely feels a bump in the road when you’re on the case
- Perspective on content trends, the latest technology, and content strategy
- Passionate about content marketing and the power of audience-centric editorial strategy
- You’re a charmer: a relationship manager with the ability to gain trust through communication, expectation setting, and completion of planned deliverables
- You know just how to push back on clients to ensure they’re getting what they need (not just what they think they want!)
- You’re a secret project manager (always organized!) and can prioritize multiple responsibilities and balance client deliverables and internal obligations
- Always thinking of innovative ways to improve/grow assigned clients (we’re open to being wacky from time to time!)
- You’re comfortable presenting at all levels including C-level and decision makers
- You are passionate about measurement, data and analytics and know how to build a narrative from a client’s perspective using those as your building blocks
- You are known for your tremendous work ethic, laser focus, passion, and commitment
- You enjoy learning technology, but can translate that into value for clients/prospects
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.