Contently is the unified content marketing solution for the world’s best enterprise brands
Account Strategist** Location: New York City ***Reporting into: Director, Customer Success*
Do you get excited by solving complex business problems? Are you passionate about content and the ways it can help brands reach their audiences? Then keep reading!
The Customer Success team is in many ways the heart of Contently. The Account Strategist is responsible for the editorial and commercial execution with Contently’s clients and brings the client perspective to every aspect of our offering. This role directly shapes and influences the content that some of the largest companies in the world publish by managing the overall success of assigned accounts.
With a collaborative spirit, the Account Strategist works directly with the client, Managing Editor, writers, creatives, and cross-functionally to bring content to life while meeting outlined objectives and targets. We are constantly improving, which means you’ll be growing with the team, so we require a willingness to learn at every turn.
What you'll do:
- Serve as main customer point of contact for assigned accounts
- Manage and coordinate all account planning activities and deliverables, including commercial aspects, on-boarding, training, and service recommendations
- Project manage multiple priorities at once with ambitious deadlines
- Schedule and lead regular calls with all assigned accounts to ensure content program is moving forward, budgets are on track, and content deadlines are met
- Provide strategic account alignment, direction, and oversight as needed
- Develop new and existing relationships to help further adoption as required
- Manage renewal cycles, forecasting, commercial activities, and revenue alignment
- Prepare and attend key client meetings such as QBRs and scheduled reporting
- Identify and execute customer upsell opportunities
Who you are:
- 1 - 2 years of direct customer experience (extra points for B2B SaaS experience, or work within the editorial realm)
- Passionate about content marketing and the power of audience-centric editorial strategy
- Consultative approach to managing complex client relationships
- Competitive, high-energy, and ambitious
- Empathetic, proactive, and creative
- Data-driven, results-oriented, team player who demonstrates a hunger to succeed
- Entrepreneurial spirit: embrace challenges, embody resilience, passionate problem-solver
- Demonstrated relationship management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Eager to advance professionally and welcome new responsibilities as you evolve
- Motivated by start-up culture and fast-paced environments
- Business acumen, sound decision making, analytical, and organizational skills
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.