Contently is the unified content marketing solution for the world’s best enterprise brands
Content Strategist** Location: New York City ***Reporting into: Director, C*
Do you geek out on turning data into knock-out story concepts? Does shaping your client’s content program, managing complex content budgets, and blowing their goals out of the water get you motivated? Then you might be the perfect fit to join our team.
As a Content Strategist, you are responsible for the editorial and commercial execution with Contently’s clients and brings the client perspective to every aspect of our offering. You will work directly with the client, Managing Editor, writers, creatives, and cross-functionally to bring content to life while meeting outlined objectives and targets. This position oversees editorial production, generates fresh ideas based on rigorous data analysis, regularly reports progress to the client, and optimizes along the way.
Above all, you are a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude. You don’t wait to be asked for help — you step outside your job function when needed and are eager to contribute. “That’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary.
What you'll do:
- Serve as main customer point of contact for assigned accounts
- Manage and coordinate all account planning activities and deliverables, including commercial aspects, on-boarding, training, and service recommendations
- Establish, manage, and deliver on content program goals; translate data-driven insights into editorial calendars, creative ideas, and roadmaps
- Manage renewal cycles, forecasting, commercial activities, and revenue alignment
- Prepare and attend key client meetings such as QBRs and scheduled reporting
- Provide reporting and strategic recommendations on topics, keywords, concepts
- Leverage proprietary and third-party analytics tools to execute audience, competitive, market analysis
- Manage large content budgets and build out quarterly editorial calendars
- Demonstrate interest and understanding of client’s market to fully grasp target audiences, consumption patterns, subject matter details, and content trends
- Ensure program standards and content meets deadlines, priorities, and editorial quality
- Identify opportunities to improve content quality, process, and editorial guidelines
- Run workshops and deliver strategy deliverables, amongst other external engagements
- Lead regular status calls, in-person meetings, and oversee production
Who you are:
- 3 - 5 years experience developing and managing B2B / B2C content strategies
- Able to lead, manage, and delegate multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities
- Data-driven, results-oriented, team player who demonstrates a hunger to succeed
- Consultative approach to managing complex client relationships
- Business acumen, sound decision making, analytical, and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit: embrace challenges, embody resilience, passionate problem-solver
- Passionate about the role content plays in marketing stacks and brand objectives
- Creative and detail-oriented - where others see complex spreadsheets and briefs, you see storytelling opportunities, campaigns, and content concepts
- Superb professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Embrace the latest technology and analytics platforms, experience working within a CMS
- Sharp editorial eye, copy-editing, spelling, and grammar whiz
- Motivated by start-up culture and fast-paced environments
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.