Contently is the unified content marketing solution for the world’s best enterprise brands
Account Manager** Location: New York City ***Reporting into: Director, Customer Success*
Do you get excited by solving complex business problems? Are you passionate about content and the ways in which it can help brands reach their audiences? Then keep reading!
The Customer Success team is in many ways the heart of Contently. The Account Manager is responsible for the editorial and commercial execution with Contently’s clients and brings the client perspective to every aspect of Contently’s offering. This role directly shapes and influences the content that some of the largest companies in the world publish by managing the overall success of assigned accounts.
With a collaborative spirit, the Account Manager works directly with Contently’s clients, Managing Editors, writers, creatives, and cross-functionally to bring content to life while meeting outlined objectives and targets. We are constantly improving, which means you’ll be growing with the team, so we require a willingness to learn at every turn.
What you'll do:
- Serve as main customer point of contact for assigned accounts
- Manage and coordinate all account planning activities and deliverables, including commercial aspects, on-boarding, training, and service recommendations
- Project manage multiple priorities at once with ambitious deadlines
- Schedule and lead regular calls with all assigned accounts to ensure content program is moving forward, budgets are on track, and content deadlines are met
- Provide regular strategic account alignment, direction, and oversight
- Develop new and existing relationships to help further adoption as required
- Execute account plans based on each client’s business to maximize adoption throughout the organization
- Manage renewal cycles, forecasting, commercial activities, and revenue alignment
- Develop expertise in Contently technology and content marketing methodology
- Communicate long-term roadmap and represent client needs internally
- Prepare and attend key client meetings such as QBRs and scheduled reporting
- Identify and execute customer upsell opportunities
- Educate and sell clients on Contently’s technology and services across the enterprise
- Requires minimum of 20% work travel
Who you are:
- 3 - 5 years experience in Account Management or Customer Success, ideally within B2B SaaS, Martech, or a content-oriented solution)
- Consultative / Sales mentality for identifying revenue growth opportunities and managing managing complex client relationships
- Perspective on content trends, the latest technology, and content strategy
- Passionate about content marketing and the power of audience-centric editorial strategy
- Able to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences at all business levels
- Exceptional communicator and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Relationship manager with ability to gain trust through communication, expectation setting, and completion of planned deliverables
- Business acumen, sound decision making, analytical, and organizational skills
- Project and program management experience with ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and balance client deliverables and internal obligations
- Always thinking of ways to improve/grow assigned clients
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.