Contently is the unified content marketing solution for the world’s best enterprise brands
Location: New York City
Reporting into: Head of Sales
Contently is looking for ambitious, consultative content marketing sales professionals (SaaS experience a plus) who want to financially prosper in a dynamic startup. In this role you’ll be empowered to prospect, build relationships and close business with the Marketing and Content teams of Fortune 1000 companies. The ideal candidate drives business by helping customers understand how Contently empowers them to create custom content at scale, more deeply engage with their audiences and deliver accountable business outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- Effectively engages with new prospects and wins deals by using a consultative, value oriented approach that resonates with high level decision makers
- They seek first to understand, ask probing questions, heavily research the prospect business before engaging.
- Demonstrates a high level of business acumen by effectively discussing the business needs of prospects to align Contently fit before presenting value
- Loves the hunt of prospecting and wants to scale their pipeline beyond Lead Gen team contribution in order to exceed target
- Drives the entire sales process from prospecting through opportunity development and deal closure, to post-sale kickoff with our Customer Success team
- Is passionate about content marketing and MarTech solutions, thus endearing them to prospects as a trusted resource
- Loves to be in the field with prospects and network at industry events - up to 25% travel
- Desire to work in a dynamic startup where they can share feedback from the field to help shape the evolution of our product and service offerings
Who You Are:
- A skilled, enterprise logo, VP+ level hunter
- 3+ years of direct to brand, content marketing (SaaS preferred) sales
- Proven track record of exceeding targets by running a consultative sales process with large, complex prospect organizations
- Experience selling content programs with a consultative approach
- Thrived and demonstrated flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Deep understanding of content marketing and/or the value delivered by MarTech solutions
- Truly helped customers and performed for managers so that both will be pleased to be your reference if selected to work at Contently
- Enjoys contributing to company culture that celebrates performance, diversity and the participation of all employees
About the Company
Contently powers the content marketing programs of the world’s most valuable brands through its complete content marketing solution: expert content strategy, an industry-leading content marketing platform, and the highest-rated creative network on earth.
Working at Contently means that you will be collaborating with extremely intelligent, creative, and diverse problem-solvers who love a good story and many laughs. Contently employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan to Friday lunches and a flexible vacation policy.
Contently is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status,caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Starting at $1/month
Flexible Time Off
Catered Friday Lunches. Free Breakfast, Coffee, and Snacks
Career development and training
Contently at a glance
Contently focuses on Digital Media, Business Services, Marketplaces, and Content. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Contently has raised $11.814M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2014.