Digital Nursing Marketplace
Senior Software Engineer$85k – $130k • 0.0% – 1.0%
At connectRN, we’re on a mission to deliver nurses a better way to work. Using our disruptive technology, our community of nurses can design their own schedules and work where they want, when they want. Our facility partners rely on us for on-demand access to reliable clinicians and a platform they can trust.
The Senior Software Engineer will contribute in all facets of the software development lifecycle for the building of connectRN software including architectural design, implementation, qualification, delivery, and maintenance.
- Collaborate with Product as part of a software development team to break down large features into smaller, estimable and testable stories
- Understand company mission and near term objectives to ensure deliverables assist in realizing the mission and objectives on time
- Design, document and demonstrate feature plans via architectural diagrams, narrative, and database schema design documents
- Estimate, design, code, test, and deploy features for the connectRN platform to achieve the stated outcomes for assigned work
- Develop test cases, unit tests, integration tests, and functional test automation to ensure highest quality achievable
- Provide hands-on technical mentoring to software and cross functional project team members throughout the development lifecycle
- Work with stakeholders to review, analyze and complete application documentation and software quality deliverables for assigned priorities
- Code reviews work of other team members to ensure quality
- Mentor less experienced staff on technical issues and handling projects and responsibilities; acts as a strong leader and role model for the software engineering department
- Own and drive to satisfactory resolution for assigned emergent issues with the platform including outages, bugs, or negative behavior of the software
- Develop knowledge of and assists with implementation of software lifecycle support tools (agile project management, requirements management, test management)
- Stay up to date on state-of-the-art software development, testing/validation and lifecycle management technology and methodologies
- Proven experience leveraging Agile methodologies to design, implement, and deliver software features
- Ability to work closely with product and other stakeholders to estimate effort and plan work through decomposition of large, complex initiatives into many smaller appropriate sized tasks
- Strong understanding of modern architectural principles as they relate to application and database design providing for enterprise class reliability, maintainability, extensibility, scalability, and security
- Deep experience with using source control management tools such as Git, GitHub, SVN, TFS, etc.
- Good understanding of fundamentals and best practices as it relates to interaction design and user experience
- Experience in software development and deployment utilizing cloud based services such as AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, etc.
- Knowledge of release management and deployment automation principles and tools
- Excellent understanding of test discipline, especially as it relates to the qualification of software being delivered through an iterative development model. This should include direct knowledge of test automation strategies and frameworks.
- Deep knowledge of Agile framework and how to effectively implement an Agile process model
- Strong communication skills
- Creative thinking skills and problem-solving ability
- High school diploma (or GED)
100% health, dental & life insurance coverage is offered to all exempt employees, their partners, and their dependents.
We've got a fully stocked kitchen with all of the snacks, flavored seltzer, beer and cold brew your heart could ever desire.
There's also a free gym on site to get your sweat on.
Life happens. We offer an open time off policy and remote flexibility so you can get your tasks done where & when it works best for your lifestyle.
We believe in providing flexible work. Every day we are improving the care patients receive by making nurses happier and increasing staffing efficiency.
connectRN at a glance
connectRN focuses on Mobile, Healthcare, Medical, Health Care Information Technology, and Hospitals. Their company has offices in Boston, Baltimore, and Waltham. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, connectRN has raised $11.627M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.