Real-time streams powered by Apache Kafka
Enterprise Account Executive - Switzerland
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
Enterprise Account Executives play a key role in driving Confluent’s sales activities in region. This role includes activities developing and executing on the go-to-market strategy for your territory. The ideal candidate needs to have experience selling complex Database, Messaging, Big Data, Open Source and/or SaaS into large corporate and multi national companies.
This new role will cover the German speaking region so you will need to be based in the Zurich area.
What you will do:
- Build awareness for Kafka and the Confluent Platform within large enterprises
- Aggressively prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline
- Close business to exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- Build strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing Confluent partners
What we are looking for:
- An ability to articulate and sell the business value of big data and the impact on businesses of all sizes
- Deep experience selling within the Database, Open Source, Messaging or Big Data space
- 5+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced and competitive marketExperience selling to developers and C level executives
- Great knowledge and network in the Swiss market
- Highly motivated, over achiever, team player
- Strong analytical and writing abilities
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Goal oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
Why you will enjoy working here:
- We’re solving hard problems that are relevant in every industry
- Your growth is important to us, we want you to thrive here
- You will be challenged on a daily basis
- We’re a company that truly values a #oneteam mindset
- We have great benefits to support you AND your family
Confluent at a glance
Confluent focuses on Enterprise Software, Open Source, Big Data, Startups, and Software. Their company has offices in Palo Alto, London, and Mountain View. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Confluent has raised $455.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.