Automating and Optimizing Cloud Desktops and Apps in Microsoft Azure
Azure Cloud Engineer - Virtual Desktop$90k – $120k
Are you interested in innovation working with the latest cloud technologies? Are you motivated by customer success? Microsoft Azure is a growing leader in the public cloud market and the MyCloudIT platform enables customers to deliver cloud-based solutions faster, smarter, and more cost-efficiently. From a single platform, customers can streamline deployments and optimize cloud infrastructure with real-time cost, security, and performance recommendations.
Our end goal is to help businesses become more mobile, efficient, productive, and profitable. The opportunity for you is to be a part of the evolution of the MyCloudIT platform as we empower every business to take advantage of the cost and performance benefits of delivering IT in the cloud.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to help customers deploy, optimize, and support cloud infrastructure while also building an internal team and processes for future growth. With the on-going evolution of Azure and cloud support/consulting services, you will be constantly challenged as the platform expands to provide broader capabilities to new customers. You will be a member of an exciting team that solves challenging Microsoft Azure cloud service problems!
• This position requires collaboration with customers and the product development team.
• Leverage the people and resources put at your disposal to speed the resolution of the customer's issue. Time is of the essence in the cloud.
• Analyze customer's Azure problems and develop solutions to meet their needs. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, correcting code, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
• Continually learn technologies and develop deep expertise then share that knowledge with the team. The objective is to grow into a subject matter expert in Windows Virtual Desktop and other key areas of focus in Microsoft Azure.
• Document work completed, and time spent on customer issues.
• Create advanced technical content for training.
• Provide actionable feedback to the engineering team by isolating software bugs, surfacing customer pain points, and collecting customer suggestions.
• Participate actively in regular technical triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers to help quickly resolve their customer issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in C.S. or M.I.S or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider 2 years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
• 5+ years experience in Windows/System administration, Azure Cloud Services, Remote Destop Services, Windows Virtual Desktop (or other VDI technologies), Active Directory, Azure ARM.
• Strong PowerShell and Micro Services experience.
• At least 3 years of experience in a customer-facing or customer support role with troubleshooting and problem-solving experience in a team environment.
• An entrepreneurial spirit, able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, investor-backed start-up environment.
• A major plus would be software development experience with Azure SQL, C#, .NET Core, Angular.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to provide clear instructions and communicate complex technical information effectively.
• Problem Solver and Critical Thinking - handle technical and challenging customer situations.
• Ability to debug applications written in native or managed code.
• Immediate access to healthcare, dental, and vision.
• Option to participate in the company’s 401K matching plan.
• Continuous learning opportunities of new technology through Pluralsight and weekly team technology knowledge share sessions.
• Sponsorship is available for the right candidate.