3D Perception for Autonomous Machines
Senior C++ Engineer$145k – $185k • 0.1% – 0.25%
Compound Eye enables machines to understand their surroundings in 3D and in real time using only passive sensors like cameras and IMUs. Our technology gathers far more information than active sensors like lidar and radar, for a fraction of the cost, and has applications in mapping, augmented reality, self-driving cars, and other autonomous robots.
We’re looking for a few great engineers and scientists. You will be one of the first 20 people on the team. We need you to be fluent in C++ and to enjoy working with a team of peers. We don't require experience in computer vision or robotics, only interest and aptitude.
In case you'd like to know:
We have no non-technical managers. We already have revenue and our Series A was led by a tier one VC. We have competitive benefits, including free lunch and snacks. Our office is in Redwood City CA, not far from the Caltrain station. We do not have set working hours and are open to you working remotely one or two days a week.
- Contribute to the development of state-of-the-art techniques for robotic perception.
- Research and evaluate both classical and/or machine learning approaches to hard problems.
- Write production code in C++ for a variety of platforms, including GPUs.
- Help to recruit and potentially lead a team of similarly-qualified engineers.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Solid grasp of linear algebra.
- Fluent in C++.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with strong engineering practices.
Nice to have but definitely not required:
- Experience with multi-threaded or highly parallel programming frameworks: CUDA / OpenGL / Metal / NEON etc.
- Research or professional experience in computer vision in the context of robotics / AR / VR.
- Research or professional experience in computer graphics or game engines.