Discover home trends in your market
VP of Product Management
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
As a Vice President of Product Management at Compass you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives. You will work closely with our senior leadership to define product strategy, build roadmaps, and lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass agent’s experience. You’ll build, manage, and mentor a team of senior product managers and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead a product management team that works with cross functional partners comprised of engineering, design and user research
- Work with agents, product marketing and product support to carefully understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a product plan, roadmap and detailed specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Become a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Develop junior product managers by helping to set product strategy for them and coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product manager
- Understand Compass’ strategic and competitive position and deliver products that help transform the industry
What We Look For:
- Proven senior leader with a track record of growing teams that deliver serious impact; high growth experience a serious plus
- User centric product management approach - focuses on user problems and building solutions around them that delight users
- Strategic product thinker - you can examine the changing landscape and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- Technically proficient and able to work closely and get buy in from engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allows you to influence other teams, create clarity, and drive focus on complex problems
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Compass at a glance
Compass focuses on Mobile, Real Estate, Local, and Curated Web. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Seattle, and Washington DC. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Compass has raised $748M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2017 at a valuation of $2.2B.