Discover home trends in your market
Director of Engineering, Enterprise Systems Development
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
About the Role:
An engineering leader at Compass is respected by colleagues for your deep technical contributions to the industry, your ability to inspire and attract key talent, your passion for customers and the impact of your work, and your ability to deliver large scale enterprise solutions with quality.
The Director of Enterprise Systems will be responsible for building and managing the team responsible for the development/configuration optimizing the business value of our core enterprise systems (100% SaaS - Salesforce, Netsuite, Zendesk, HRIS, others). The scope of role will include defining the system’s design and roadmap, as well as developing a level of excellence in the related stakeholder management, demand management, configuration management, and the overall quality management processes.
At Compass You Will:
- Be our subject matter expert and internal champion for enterprise systems such as Salesforce and other cloud SaaS platforms.
- Identify business opportunities and define technical vision for your team and the company
- Inspire, recruit and mentor a team of high performing engineers
What We Look For:
- Proven track record of building top talent and high performance teams, directing multiple teams and engineering managers
- Experience managing large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with managing multiple SaaS Enterprise class systems and development/configuration teams.
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, and operations divisions
- Examples of engineers for whom you’ve guided their technical and career progress
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out ourEngineering blog!