Discover home trends in your market
Senior Vice President, Operations
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive strategic business decisions. The Senior Vice President, Operations will lead strategic initiatives around centralization of technology investment, driving operational excellence relating to the rollout of features, products, and platforms at scale, operational efficiency, and special projects.
Overseeing all growth and operations for the company, our Chief Business Officer is seeking a Senior Vice President, Operations to help the company achieve its mission. The SVP, Operations will play an important and influential role by overseeing central operations for the business nationally with responsibility over large scale initiatives company-wide. You will serve as a key manager in the company, working collaboratively alongside the leadership team and CEO to drive the business forward. In this role you will be required to move faster than you previously thought possible, dream big, and juggle competing priorities while maintaining an extremely high quality output.
What you will do:
- Act as a thought partner to the Chief Business Officer and Leadership Team
- Inform our growth strategy and improve profitability in each region
- Be the single point of accountability for building scale into the business (eg. automation, offshoring, centralization, capex structure, standardization of operating procedures)
- Be responsible for oversight of all functional leadership for the regions (marketing, technology deployment, workplace operations, etc)
- Run success definition and management, namely, how we build dashboards and how we measure success week to week.
- Plan for a robust and scalable infrastructure that will allow us to expand our customer base & footprint efficiently with both speed and quality
- Build the infrastructure to provide best-in-class service to agents and staff at scale while constantly optimizing cost, quality, and efficiency
- Manage complex, cross-functional efforts to launch support teams and operations in new, expansion, and established markets
- Lead and manage cross-functional initiatives, with a focus on end-to-end company-wide operations and growth project management (eg stabilizing regional operations, deploying growth acceleration initiatives, etc)
- Develop effective mechanisms to manage regional and functional performance and accountability to goals
- Analyze metrics, identify and address critical issues, weigh alternatives including cost, risk, and benefits, and develop solutions that support long term profit and growth
- Provide superior, low-ego leadership to the Operations Team
- You are both a visionary thinker and a master of detail
Who you are:
- Experience successfully scaling operations in a dispersed people environment
- An adept manager with a track-record for growing teams and nurturing talent
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics
- Possess excellent analytical, financial modeling and presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Experience with human capital structure management
- Humble with ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Strong strategic planning and management skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with senior management, communicate effectively in meetings and describe deliverables and project milestones
- Demonstrated ability to establish and improve processes and procedures
- Excellent communicator who can effectively manage multiple stakeholders
- Agile and organized working style to manage and consistently prioritize key initiatives
- Detail-oriented strategic thinker with analytical problem-solving capabilities and thrives in ambiguity
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.