Discover home trends in your market
Systems Engineer - New York City
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
You will join our Enterprise Engineering team, and will focus on application development and integrations for our core brokerage functions. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment, and will be comfortable working and communicating with multiple business and technical teams.
- Building applications for our customers and internal business stakeholders
- Be responsible for developing and executing our enterprise technology strategy and roadmap by leveraging skills such as system design and architecture, requirements gathering, development, QA, documentation and testing
- Be our subject matter expert and internal champion for enterprise applications
- Plan and define quarterly and yearly roadmaps, and creating KPIs for managing your projects
- Lead initiatives involving business and technology teams to refine and develop implementation specs
- Facilitate data and corporate governance best practices with your business stakeholders
- B.S. in Computer Science, similar formal technical education (Computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated experience as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 5+ years experience in Java, Go, Python, or other server-side language
- 2+ years experience with React. Redux experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications, working with microservice architectures, while following information security best practices
- Strong AWS experience (EC2, EB, S3, IAM, Lambda)
- RESTful API design, iPaaS, and SaaS experience
- Relational database architecture experience (Postgres preferred)
- Familiarity with a wide range of SaaS applications
- Strong consensus-building skills, and a sense of customer service
- Strong project management skills
- M.S. in Computer or Software Engineering
- Experience with working with Netsuite and Salesforce, or other ERP system
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.