Discover home trends in your market
Senior Data Analyst - New York City
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
You’ll work in a fast-paced environment in our Engineering team, contributing to large-scale initiatives that impact multiple functions and teams, including our Leadership Team, Strategic Growth, Agent Success, Marketing, Finance, and Regional Leadership. You’ll help define key business metrics and build the right analytical datasets, facilitate their use across the organization, and champion the need for strategic data collection and analysis across all of our business processes.
- Guide the company in becoming the leading source of real estate information by working with internal stakeholders to analyze and interpret intricate datasets that will drive business decisions
- Aid in our data-driven design approach by mining our operational data for key, game-changing insights
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the right KPIs are being tracked, and that the right data is being used to measure them
- Develop and own our data governance strategy, including data collection and analysis policies and procedures
- Oversee the deployment of data to our data warehouse, and ensure that it is optimized for analytics and operational reporting
- Lead the charge in ultimately empowering our users to derive their own insights and make informed decisions, by enabling self-service reporting & analytics capabilities
- Own end-to-end product analytics workflow including formulating success metrics, socializing them across the organization, and creating dashboards/reports
- Work with the finance/operations team to identify business opportunities, measure KPIs to craft compelling stories, make data-driven recommendations, and drive informed actions
- B.S. in Software Engineering, similar formal technical education (Computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience working in business intelligence, data modeling, data analytics or related roles
- 5+ experience working with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, Domo, and MicroStrategy, etc.
- Proficiency in manipulating large raw datasets using tools/techniques such as SQL, pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Proficiency in querying Amazon Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL and/or Snowflake
- Experience with R or Python language is a bonus
- M.S. in Computer or Software Engineering
- Certifications with BI tools highly preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.