Discover home trends in your market
Group Product Manager - Listings and Buildings
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
As a Group Product Manager at Compass you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives. You will work closely with our senior leadership and agents to define product strategy, build roadmaps, and lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass agent’s experience. You’ll manage and mentor a team of product managers and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers.
At Compass You Will
- Drive Compass to create a best-in-class experience for surfacing our key real estate data via listings and buildings to our users
- Lead a product management team that works with cross functional partners comprised of engineering, design and user research
- Work with agents, product marketing and product support to carefully understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a product plan, roadmap and detailed specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Develop junior product managers by helping to set product strategy for them and coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product manager
- Understand Compass’ strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
What We Look For
- 10+ years experience in software product/project management roles building and launching successful products
- Proven leader that knows how to manage and grow teams
- User centric product management approach - focuses on user problems and building solutions around them that delight users
- Strategic product thinker - you can examine the changing landscape and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve
- Technically proficient and able to work closely and get buy in from engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allows you to influence other teams, create clarity, and drive focus on complex problems
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.