Discover home trends in your market
Product Manager - Data
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
Compass is expanding in technology and geographic reach and looking for a Product Manager on the Data team in Seattle. The ideal person will have the opportunity to impact one of the biggest decisions that every single consumer across the world must make -- where to live. In particular, our Product Manager will help oversee the ingestion of all real estate information that powers our agent product suite and consumer website. This individual will work directly with Product Managers, Engineers (both on site and remote), Data Analysts, and regional stakeholders, in addition to third party data sources, to drive the creation and maintenance of new systems to scale the volume and quality of our inventory. You will look for ways to standardize, ensure execution is efficient and consistent, and set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, evaluating risks and communicating status to stakeholders. The right candidate will be an excellent project manager and communicator, passionate about software development, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and motivated to build a world-class data pipeline.
At Compass You Will
- Guide Compass to become the leading source of real estate information by expanding our geographical coverage, introducing new types of data and new data sources, and ensuring the quality of our data throughout our products
- Collaborate with engineering to architect, build and maintain data infrastructure to ingest, extract, normalize and combine a growing number of datasets (our “data pipeline”) to create a comprehensive and actionable model of every real estate property available to be bought or sold
- Collaborate across other product verticals to understand and evangelize the use of property data across the platform in various use cases
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and scale, without sacrificing quality
- Work with engineering to come up with and deliver the best way to surface real estate data to our users
- Establish key performance indicator measurement and monitoring across both the data pipeline and active initiatives, to be able to communicate work status, integration health, and coverage/quality metrics to stakeholders
- Identify and negotiate with third-party vendors to acquire and ingest new data sources to strengthen our property profiles
What We Look For
- 3+ years experience in software product/project management roles building and launching successful data-driven products
- 2+ years experience of database or ETL design, implementation and maintenance is preferred
- Experience with architecting large-scale data schemas, building data pipelines, ETL tools, data conversion, and setting up processes to continuously measure the quality of rapidly-changing datasets
- Experience manipulating large, raw datasets using tools/techniques such as SQL, pivot tables, lookups, etc.; experience with MySQL and/or Postgresql
- B.S. or similar in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.