A fresh start for communication
Systems Engineer (AWS, Linux)$110k – $130k
Imagine texting with artists, celebrities, visionaries—the leaders you respect and admire—the same way you do with your mom or best friend. Imagine texting with your fans, supporters, or patrons that very same way, with smart, powerful tools to help you engage in direct, meaningful communication. At scale. This is the reality we’re building at Community.
We’re already busy helping some of the most prolific community leaders reach and respond to their members in a way that outperforms the pay-to-play, throttled engagement of traditional social media platforms. Community is not an evolution of social media, it’s a break away from it. A fresh start to communication altogether.
About the role and your impact
At Community we are building an asynchronous messaging platform that integrates with multiple messaging services at global scale. You would be working with a distributed, remote-first team that spans North America and Europe. Your day would be spent building and supporting the AWS-based infrastructure and systems that underpin our product: building and configuring Terraform and Ansible modules, improving on our custom Go-based tooling; working on our Vitess, Cassandra, and Postgres databases; designing and building simple monitoring integrations; designing new systems; pairing with other engineers; and supporting other teams to deliver innovative features on a cutting edge stack.
We’re an early stage company and every team member has the potential to impact the organization for years to come. You should bring new ideas, enthusiasm, and a drive for excellence and your efforts will be rewarded.
We’re growth-oriented, both as a company and as individuals: we take learning seriously and invest in growing our skills and our team’s capabilities. You will have the opportunity to share your expertise and to learn from existing members of our high-performing team: our existing team includes authors from well known publishers, an Elixir core team member, and engineers with decades of experience.
What You’ll Do
- Build and support our AWS-based infrastructure and systems that underpin our product
- Build and configure Terraform and Ansible modules
- Improve on our custom Go-based tooling; working on our Vitess, Cassandra, and Postgres databases
- Design and build simple monitoring integrations
- Design new systems; pairing with other engineers and supporting other teams to deliver innovative features on a cutting edge stack
*What You’ll Bring *
- Robust software development skills to at least the extent of building system automation and monitoring tools
- Self-motivation and a desire to get the details right
- Production experience, preferably at scale, on systems infrastructure
- A driving interest in testing, intentional design, and building quality systems that last
- Hardworking and collaborative engineers, with a phenomenal team work ethic
- A focus on actively building and being part of a great, diverse engineering culture