A fresh start for communication
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend$140k – $175k
Imagine texting with artists, celebrities, visionaries—the leaders you respect and admire—the same way you do with your mom or best friend. Imagine texting with your fans, supporters, or patrons that very same way, with smart, powerful tools to help you engage in direct, meaningful communication. At scale. This is the reality we’re building at Community.
We’re already busy helping some of the most prolific community leaders reach and respond to their members in a way that outperforms the pay-to-play, throttled engagement of traditional social media platforms (see our recent launch with President Obama). Community is not an evolution of social media, it’s a break away from it. A fresh start to communication altogether.
About the role and your impact
What you'll do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver product features in an Agile environment.
- Decompose and refactor complex and ambiguous logic into manageable components.
- Instrument, monitor, and test frontend components that are performant under load and handle large data sets; participate in on-call rotations.
- Help lead engineering efforts by authoring technical design documentation; break down complex projects into small executable units.
- Work with other frontend engineers to strengthen and scale the web platform; institute best practices to improve consistency and development velocity across all teams.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers.
What you'll bring
- 7+ years of frontend experience building and operating multi-tenant SaaS applications, using modern web development technologies.
- Strong proficiency in Node.js, CSS, and HTML.
- Passion for building high-impact, testable, well-performing user experiences.
- Desire to explore and share new frontend technologies.
- Bonus: Experience in maintaining a component library.
- Curiosity about the world and desire to learn and grow.
- Our backend is largely asynchronous, written in Elixir, running in Docker containers, on a distributed, scheduled platform on AWS. We work w/ PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, and RabbitMQ among others.
Community does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.