A fresh start for communication
Senior Frontend Engineer$130k – $170k • No equity
About the role and your impact
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Community, you will have an enormous influence on our world-class messaging platform. You’ll be empowered to make decisions on code, processes, and standards - as well as engineer creative solutions to our most important user interface and experience challenges. You’ll have the opportunity to write plenty of code, but perhaps more importantly you’ll be an integral part of a team that fosters creativity and collaboration, values diversity and unique perspectives, and provides endless possibilities for growth.
You will work closely with our backend, design and operations teams to build products that scale massively, look fantastic and engage millions of end-users.
What you'll do:
- Share ownership of a high-traffic consumer-facing web application and deploy testable frontend code with performance, maintainability, and scale in mind
- Collaborate and communicate effectively, working in a team environment with back-end engineers, design and product teams
- Engage in code reviews, pair programming, testing, design sessions, etc.
- Before implementing solutions, you document and discuss with the team. After delivery to production, you assist with monitoring and fixing issues that arise.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience building scalable, microservice-based Front-end components, preferably in a fast-faced startup environment
- Passion for building high-impact, well-performing user experiences
- Bonus: Experience with redux and redux-saga
- Curiosity about the world and desire to learn and grow
Our Tech Stack + Process:
- We are an agile team that follows scrum methodology