Software platform for shared-use kitchen facilities
Software Engineer$70k – $100k • No equity
Reporting to our CEO, the successful candidate will play a leadership role in defining and developing our leading-edge distributed application This is a hands-on software development position where you will lead our application development team in designing, implementing, and maintaining the application. You will also work closely with the management team to prioritize and estimate software enhancements. Your excellent technical and communication skills will contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of our software projects.
We are looking for these qualities and experience:
• 5+ years of experience working in a full stack software development role
• Experience with PHP
• Experience with Node.js
• Strong familiarity with database systems such as mySQL, postGres
• Familiarity with designing and developing RESTful API’s
• Experience with high reliability distributed systems
• Familiarity with preparing requirements and design documentation
You will stand out if you:
• Have technical leadership experience
• Have experience with IoT projects
• Have experience with the cakePHP framework
• Have Python experience
• Familiarity with application containerization and management (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes or similar)
• Have been the author of any patents
What about you?
• You effectively prioritize tasks in a fluid environment
• You can communicate complex concepts to both business and technical audiences
• You stay aware of new technologies and concepts but are also have excellent judgement on when and where they should be applied.
What we offer:
• A role that can be performed from our main site in Vancouver initially and transition into a remote position if desired.
• Flexible schedule
• Competitive compensation between $75,000 - $100,000 commensurate with experience
More about us:
• With patent pending proprietary technology, Commissary Connect has developed a model where members only pay for what they use and are able to schedule use, building access, appliances, and other resources. in shared-use facilities. The technology can scale across North America and is being piloted at various BC sites.
• Our distributed application is used to manage facility operations with features such as an online scheduling system, invoicing, and supply chain streamlining. Our tech team continues to innovate in order to help the entrepreneurs building their food related businesses.
• Commissary Connect has three operational facilities, including the first HACCP certified site in Canada and the first Regional Food Hub and Pilot and Demonstration Site for the Province’s Food Hub Network.
How to apply:
• Submit a cover letter & resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Commissary Connect greatly values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage applicants of all ages, ethnicities, genders and walks of life.
• Only those short-listed will be contacted.
Commissary Connect at a glance
Commissary Connect focuses on Hardware + Software. Their company has offices in Vancouver. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://commissaryconnect.com/