Your Knowledge Network
Senior Data Scientist£60k – £100k • 0.1% – 0.5%
About the Company
CognitionX is on a mission to democratise access to knowledge to empower everybody from start-ups to governments, and from individuals to enterprises.
We achieve this in two ways:
1) CogX is our festival of technology, AI and business that takes place from June 8 -10 in the heart of Kings Cross. With 20,000 visitors in 2019, CogX brings together industry, government and academia to meet and discuss the impact AI and emerging technology is having on business, the economy and society. We are committed to galvanising the tech community to address the UN Development Goals and move the conversation forward about ethical and responsible adoption of these news tools.
2) CognitionX.com, our cloud-based knowledge-management platform, is unlocking hidden and untapped sources of knowledge in enterprises and communities around the world. By connecting people to the knowledge within their organisation they didn’t know existed, we aim to enable faster and better decisions, reduce costs, and maximise innovative potential.
About the Role
As a Data Scientist at CognitionX, you will have the opportunity to develop ideas, experiments and software prototypes on an exciting and ground-breaking product that uses cutting edge AI technology. You will work to improve data-intensive processes and create new features and functions to elevate CognitionX's advice platform to the next level. We are open to applicants ranges from junior with alot of potential, to Seniors who are looking to apply their existing expertise to complex problems, and all levels in between. The package will be based on a combination of your experience, expertise and potential.
- As an ideal candidate, you will be an expert in Natural Language Processing through academic or industry experience (preferably both).
- You will have experience working with existing NLP and deep learning frameworks such as word embeddings, spaCy, NLTK, PyTorch, TensorFlow and Keras.
- You will be familiar with the many recent exciting advances in NLP such as pre-trained language models (BERT, XLNet etc), contextualised word embeddings, attention and novel neural network architectures.
- You will have experience applying machine learning and deep learning methods to a range of NLP-related tasks, such as Named Entity Recognition, Sentiment Analysis, summarisation, Knowledge Graphs and Topic Extraction.
Experience and Qualifications
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline
- Experience of research or innovative product development using natural language processing
- Programming skills in commonly used ML languages (e.g. Python & R) excellent depth and breadth of knowledge in machine learning
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Familiarity with modern software development practices.
- Previous experience of SaaS software development (e.g. RESTful Web Services).
- Track record of publications and research projects.