Build meaningful relationships
Social Media Graphic Designer
Coffee Meets Bagel is more like a matchmaker than a dating app. Every day at noon, we make personalized introductions – so there’s less swiping, more meeting. Globally, CMB has sparked millions of IRL dates and thousands of lasting relationships. Coffee Meets Bagel was named one of the “Top 10 Dating Apps” by Time Magazine and the “Best Dating App for Women” by Refinery29.
Today, Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB) is looking for a Social Media Graphic Designer to join our team on a freelance basis. This person will work with our Senior Graphic Designer, Copywriter, and Marketing Manager to create content for our Instagram channel @coffeemeetsbagel with the opportunity to work on other branding and marketing initiatives.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong visual/graphic design background and is capable of creating compelling, digestible content for social media that aligns with our visual brand guidelines
- Enjoys collaborating and participating in content ideation with our social team
- Is self-motivated and independent, but is a team player
- Has basic photography skills (note: you do not need to be a professional or have fancy “equipment”)
- Bonus points if you have an illustration background (of any level)!
- 2+ years of experience ideating and creating visuals for social media
- Expert mastery in design tools (including Photoshop and Illustrator) needed to execute
- Ability to create content that both expresses our brand emotional voice, elevates our brand perception, and feels digestible to our audience
- Ability to think outside the box and try out an aesthetic that feels new, fresh, delightful, and different
- Previous experience working as a graphic designer on a freelance/contract basis
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced workplace or start-up
- Passion for the CMB product and customers is essential
- You don't have to be single but you must want to help people make lasting connections!
- Bonus: Front-end coding, photography & videography experience
How to apply:
- As a part of the application process, we'll ask you to share your previous work by either uploading your portfolio, or providing a link to your website.
- Here's what we'll expect:
- A passion for your craft and strong conceptual ability.
- 2 years of relevant experience designing for a wide range of projects, including branded executions (web, email, social, etc.).
- Ability to work 8-10 hours/week