Build meaningful relationships
Manager of Analytics
Coffee Meets Bagel's mission is to inspire singles to share and connect authentically. The app curates quality matches with fuller profiles that result in real conversations. Globally, CMB has generated millions of real dates and thousands of lasting relationships. Coffee Meets Bagel was named one of the top 10 dating apps by Time Magazine, the best dating app for women by Refinery29, and the best dating app for men by AskMen. Our company has also recently been selected as one of the “15 coolest startup to work for” and boasts one of the highest ratings on Glassdoor.
We are seeking a Manager of Analytics with a track record of having worked closely with marketing and product teams to drive significant growth in their KPIs through the use of data and insights. In addition, they should have experience building a highly automated A/B testing infrastructure to enable high-tempo experimental culture at a company. The ideal candidate is customer-obsessed, thinks big, has a strong bias for action, and delivers results.
- Set strategy and roadmap for the analytics team. Assess high-impact opportunities for business through data analysis and help drive strategy and priorities at the company-wide level, as well as for each business units.
- Able to quickly assess strengths and weaknesses of our current talent, organizational design, and process within the analytics team and identify gaps to achieve the vision.
- Be able to communicate effectively to upper management as action plans. Start filling in the gap by hiring effectively-- work with recruiter to help them build pipeline and lay out best-in-class hiring and onboarding process for the analytics team.
- Own set up of all experimental initiatives, monitoring, and post-experiment analysis.
- Set up automated dashboards and monitoring as well as alerting systems for business units and finance to monitor drivers of their business.
- Prioritize and delegate ad hoc analysis for the business units.
- Build scalable models for product and marketing teams to be able understand their customers better and allocate resources (e.g. LTV or churn model), in close partnership with the finance team.
- Work with data engineers to build data pipeline and warehouse infrastructure to ensure all parties are able to use data with ease and accuracy. Ensure all of our third-party vendors are sending data correctly.
- Work closely with our algorithm team to ensure cross-functional learnings. Partner with finance/business operations to translate recommendations into measurable P&L impact for better decision making.
- Knows how to identify, recruit, lead, and retain analysts/data scientists.
- Proven track record of having worked with marketing and/or product teams to drive significant growth in their KPIs.
- Proven track record of management.
- Proven track record of building an experimental framework preferred (not required but need to have a perspective on it).