Code coverage done right.®
Platform Engineer (Devops + Backend)
Codecov is the world's leading code coverage tool. We are used by nearly a million software developers around the world, from marquee open source projects to the largest global companies.
Our team is lean (~15 people) and we are looking for a platform engineer to help us achieve increased platform stability and solve of our most challenging engineering problems. This is a split role, with approximately 50% of time allocated to devops and infrastructure tasks, and the other 50% performing software engineering tasks within our core backend codebase. This role is well suited to a backend or fullstack engineer with a demonstrated interest in devops, or a devops engineer who wants to delve more into software engineering.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed company, with team members located from GMT-8 to GMT+2.
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, an IAC tool (Terraform preferred), and at least one major cloud provider (GCP prefered).
- A proven history of doing devops/IT related work on a non-trivial software product.
- Shipped production code using Python, Go, Rust, or similar.
- Experience with orchestrating and monitoring complex infrastructure, knowledge of APM/logging/monitoring tools like Datadog, Prometheus, and Grafana are a plus.
- Experience breaking down complex requirements into individual tasks in an agile-like environment.
- A strong sense of ownership and focus on quality.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Contributing to and improving Codecov’s core infrastructure.
- Evolving our current systems to leverage innovative approaches to large scale problems, such as Google’s Cloud Run, FaaS, and others.
- Instituting best practices around monitoring and reporting at the infrastructure level.
- Working with the backend engineering team to ship new features and improvements to Codecov’s core products