The Easiest Way to Learn to Code
Associate Community Manager
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy empowers people everywhere to build something meaningful. Join our team and help us build and scale our community events program for Codecademy learners. As an Associate Community Manager on the Community Team, you will grow and expand Codecademy's online event strategy and see to its implementation. You will work with our community of super-users, volunteer hosts, and internal team members to build experiences that connect people. You will intimately understand the learner experience, helping to identify opportunities for improvement, testing different ideas and working with the Community Manager to scale what works.
What you'll do
- Scale our community events program by supporting our Super Users as their point-of-contact and scaling your impact by refining processes and creating resources
- Continue growing the program by recruiting and onboarding new Super Users
- Devise a tracking system for understanding online event reach/ROI and finding creative solutions to boost engagement and attendance
- Model exemplary behavior for our community and support them in upholding our guidelines and values
- Work with our data team to understand and prioritize target campuses to build a program strategy
- Identify potential leaders on target campuses and foster relationships to build inroad
- Architect an evaluation system; define success and measure ourselves against this definition
- Work in close partnership with our curriculum and marketing teams to build a strategy for event presence
- Partner with leaders of our IRL community to bring them to events as it supports our event strategy
What you'll need
- A proven love for developing communities. You’re a people-person and a connector; you have natural relationship-building skills, and you're deeply empathetic
- A penchant for project management; you think spinning multiple plates is fun!
- Verifiably excellent public speaking, written & interpersonal communication skills
- Working understanding & ability to speak about a technical product
- A love of travel. Up to 40% of this role is on the road at times
Nice to have
- You’re extroverted; you get energy from interacting with people and understand what’s needed to help people feel welcome and like they belong
- A current network on college campuses
- 2-3 years community, customer service, support, and/or operational experience at a consumer-facing company
- Passionate about teaching the world to code
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.
Medical, dental, & vision insurance
Unlimited paid time off
Daily catered lunches with the team
Citibike & wellness
Citibike corporate membership and a wellness reimbursement
Professional development budget
Employee Assistance Program
Funded affinity groups
Flexible work schedule