The Easiest Way to Learn to Code
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy is looking for a talented Product Manager to drive vision and execution for our online learning platform. The ideal candidate thrives on balancing product strategy and execution, and is comfortable delving into the details of product features and identifying product direction. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for the success of their product, from concept through to market.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop product vision for our flagship product Codecademy Pro
- Drive consensus around the vision and roadmap from stakeholders and team members
- Lead the team on execution against the roadmap
- See product through to market
- Move seamlessly between thinking strategically and getting into the details
- Work to ensure product success by collaborating seamlessly with design, engineering, curriculum, data science and marketing
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years product experience
- BS+ degree
- Demonstrated success in delivering successful products
- Experience working with technical products
- A “Founder” mentality: you are resourceful, proactive, and results-oriented
- Demonstrated success leading teams in fast moving and sometimes ambiguous environments
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- CS or Engineering degree
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience building SaaS and/or educational products
- A balance of product intuition with data-driven decision making
- Codecademy User
- Previous startup founding experience or early-stage startup experience
- Technical background or ability to work with technical concepts
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.