The Easiest Way to Learn to Code
VP of Product
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy has grown tremendously across all dimensions - the richness of our products, scale of the business, the numbers of learners we serve, the size of our engineering organization, the completeness of our products and how we bring them to market. We have been the leader in an era of online programming education, and we’re looking to leverage that position to lead the industry in connecting people with economic opportunities through education.
As the VP of Product Management, you will be a key company leader for owning and driving the innovative new features and capabilities to grow Codecademy users and business revenue. You will have responsibility for multiple product lines and life cycles as well as the product strategy, prioritization and execution of features targeted at the small business segment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will have responsibility and accountability for Codecademy’s user experience and business performance on a continual basis.
- You work with a team of product managers to define and guide the long term product strategy for growing the products and features that Codecademy offers to users, including both existing and new subscription tiers.
- Lead buy, build or partner analysis around new features, products, and our entire product suite.
- Lead the cross-functional teams in your area – in close partnership with engineering and design – to invent and ship delightful products that help people work better together.
- Advance Codecademy’s strategy in content creation and collaboration, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment and progress.
- Collaborate closely with our users, research, and customer success to deeply understand and address user needs.
- Lead the efficiency, growth, and delivery of a team that embodies Codecademy’s values, making sure the team is as productive as possible to complete short term and long term objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Independent Product Ownership. You have demonstrated the ability to drive and deliver on the entire product lifecycle. This can include either head of product / general manager / CEO experience at a startup translating early market adoption of a new product in broad distribution, or product leadership at a larger company focused on user and usage growth for a subscription-based product.
- Leadership. You have a proven ability to evangelize new products and features to both customers and cross-functional team members, aligning the entire team around a product strategy and vision for the market. You are skilled and passionate about managing and developing teams, both individual contributor PMs as well as earlier career managers.
- Execution. You have experience driving cross-functional product execution in a large organization, as well as experience operating in a lean environment with a focus on results-driven execution.
- Product craftsmanship. You have helped teams build great products that users love and improve their lives materially.
- Business acumen. You have experience defining product strategy that balances business and user experience goals, and a history of leading teams to deliver against those targets. Experience in the education sector is a plus.
- Role model. You are a strong fit with Codecademy culture and values.
- Education and Experience. You have a BA/BS and 10-15 years of relevant working experience, including 5+ years of people management experience.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.