Cutting-edge Linux security platform
Join our team_Cmd brings together talented problem solvers, thinkers, and tinkerers to achieve our mission to change the current landscape of cybersecurity. We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to give companies a new way to secure their data.
Make your mark_Linux + security; we love ‘em. But don’t worry, we don’t need you to be an all-in, security-guru like you might think. We hire subject matter experts to bring their functional skills and unique point of view to the team. That’s what keeps us innovative, adaptable, and stronger.
Achieve more_ Join us at a time where you can take full advantage of the opportunities of high-growth. You’ll expand on your current skills, fast-track your development, and see your impact in building a company that will change the face of an industry.
About the role_
Reporting to our VP, Product Design, a Product Designer at Cmd works collaboratively with the entire team to build the future of our platform. You’ll learn directly from our customers, build intuitive interfaces, and manage product design initiatives from end to end. You’ll work with a passionate team of designers and developers to bring new features and improvements from ideas into reality. As the voice of the User in design conversations, your primary responsibility will be executing on our vision to create the security platform of our customers’ dreams.
- Use design thinking methods and a user-centered design processes to design new experiences and solutions based on user needs
- Create detailed mockups and prototypes to communicate ideas and designs
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team of Designers and Developers
- Maintain and expand the design system
- Advocate for exceptional design, and contribute to shaping a culture of design at Cmd
Skills and experience_
- Experience in a product design role, and a strong portfolio of work
- You have a background in creating UX & UI for digital products and you excel at turning ideas into creative prototypes
- You can translate complex information into intuitive designs, and can uncover technical requirements and limitations to inform your design
- Fluent in industry standard design tools like Figma or Sketch
- You self manage well, and thrive in ambiguous situations
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until it is pixel-perfect
- You have a passion for continuous personal improvement
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and JS
- You have previously communicated your company’s design-driven philosophy through written articles or presentations
- Excellent project and time management
Comprehensive health and dental coverage
Ownership with company stock options
Flexible work environment and generous time off
Coffee, snacks n’ stuff
Opportunities for career growth and internal mobility
Commitment to learning and development
Cmd at a glance
Cmd focuses on Internet, SaaS, Information Technology, B2B, and Security. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, and Vancouver. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Cmd has raised $21.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.