An automated, opinionated CI/CD as a Service solution for cloud native applications
Technical Evangelist-Product Marketing
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
What You’ll Do
In your role as a Technical Product Marketing Associate (Technical Evangelist), you will be the specialist in articulating and capturing the key value points and differentiators of our most popular product, and then transforming that knowledge into marketing collateral, sales tools, and out to the general market. Day-to-day activities of the role will include:
- Demo Ecosystem: technical and creative support of CloudBees' shared demo environment
- Evangelism and thought leadership through content creation (blogs, articles, videos, etc) and speaking engagements.
- Internal Enablement: Provide internal support to our teams on technical matters related to CI/CD and CloudBees Product
- Research and development
- Market intelligence: Be a specialist on our users and how they use our tools. What other established and emerging solutions are in the market? Help arm our team with the technical knowledge and proofs to embrace our supporting solutions and beat our competing solutions, while truly understanding and meeting the needs of our users
What We're Looking For
- 2-4+ years experience with technical marketing of enterprise and/or developer focused software
- Experience in development or engineering support
- Understanding and experience with modern development methods like Agile, SCRUM, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps and/or DevOps tooling
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP), Kubernetes
- Experience with web applications languages and development
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the proven technical and business acumen to translate technical capabilities into business value and business needs into technical implementations--technical writing examples are preferred!
- Strong written communication skills with proven focus on content for developers and engineering management
- A technical background or demonstrated ability to market to highly technical users and buyers
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- SaaS / content-centric marketing experience in a subscription-based business
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
We offer competitive healthcare plans that include medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more.
Family is important to us
We support working parents by providing paid leave for new parents! Our policy also covers adoption. Take your leave anytime in the first year to bond as a family. We won’t even make you use your vacation days. The number of parental leave weeks varies by country and is locally competitive around the globe! We are excited to support the next generation of software workers. There are 280 Kid Bees and counting.
Flexible work schedules
When you have employees all over the world, a flexible work schedule is a must. Every hour of the day you will find busy Bees working. This gives you the freedom to work when you’re at your personal productivity peak. Just because we’re distributed doesn’t mean you won’t see each other. We have a culture that embraces video chat. You are guaranteed to get to know your co-workers cats, dogs, children and tropical fish. 742 Slack #catphotobombs to date.
We also offer a generous vacation plan to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year. Our Bees often take the opportunity to tack vacation days onto our global travel opportunities. We hosted DevOps World | Jenkins World in Nice in 2018.
We invest in the professional growth of our Bees. Attend conferences, sharpen your skills, get certifications and take advantage of mentorship opportunities within CloudBees. Our talent pool runs deep and we share knowledge as a practice. 120 Jenkins Certifications achieved by CloudBees employees and counting.
Casual work environment
CloudBees has a casual work environment and encourages you to come as you are and be your authentic self. We do however encourage wearing pants on Google Hangouts and Slack Calls. Extra points if they’re zubaz.
We are a fast growing, global company
Our global mindset affords Bees with opportunities for global travel and the flexibility to be part of the global software movement in whatever local community you call home. We even have Bees in the Canary Islands!
CloudBees at a glance
CloudBees focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Development Platforms, Software, and Business Development. Their company has offices in Boston, San Jose, Raleigh, Richmond, and Neuchâtel. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, CloudBees has raised $121.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.