An automated, opinionated CI/CD as a Service solution for cloud native applications
Senior Software Engineer-Community Team
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
The CloudBees Community team is seeking a Software & Operations Engineer to help us as we improve the Jenkins infrastructure, Jenkins implementation, and Jenkins architecture. In this role, you will plan, develop, test, and deploy crucial open source improvements. You’ll interact with leading infrastructure and software engineers in our team and in the Jenkins community. You will be part of a team that is overseeing the Jenkins infrastructure and creating new features for Jenkins. You will interact with an international community of open source contributors both inside and outside of CloudBees. Your work will be widely visible and deeply appreciated by users around the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain and improve Jenkins infrastructure, including authentication, integration, delivery, documentation, reporting, and issue tracking
- Contribute to the Jenkins open-source community by delivering fixes and enhancements to the Jenkins open source project and its plugins
- Work closely with team members and the Jenkins community to identify and prioritize infrastructure improvements
- Plan, design, implement, test, deliver, and maintain features
- Document, describe, and present results both inside and outside CloudBees
- Review issue reports and prioritize issue resolution efforts
- Encourage others as they assist in Jenkins development by mentoring, assisting, and welcoming new contributors
- Work closely with team members and the Jenkins community to identify and prioritize improvements and include those improvements in the Jenkins roadmap
- Communicate effectively inside and outside CloudBees
WHAT THE ROLE REQUIRES
- Linux system administration experience in cloud and local environments
- Jenkins development experience
- Jenkins administration experience
- Willingness to learn rapidly and interact with others while learning
- Java development skills for work in Jenkins core and Jenkins plugins
- Good English language communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail; ability to monitor, manage, and track work, and present data accurately to support decision making
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Good organization and planning skills with the ability to anticipate needs and to determine the best use of time
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift and related container platform ecosystems.
- Release engineering or continuous delivery experience
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services; Azure, Google Cloud
- We build our business on Jenkins by offering enterprise solutions (CloudBees CI) and professional services, our customers range from the blue chips to small innovative companies
- We work on various projects in different areas. We are flexible about changing teams and assignments according to the interest and passion of engineers
- Our Engineering teams are distributed by design. You can work from the office or remotely without feeling disconnected.
- You have an opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and communities during your working time
- We offer an attractive benefits package including stock options
WHAT YOU’LL GET?
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
We offer competitive healthcare plans that include medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more.
Family is important to us
We support working parents by providing paid leave for new parents! Our policy also covers adoption. Take your leave anytime in the first year to bond as a family. We won’t even make you use your vacation days. The number of parental leave weeks varies by country and is locally competitive around the globe! We are excited to support the next generation of software workers. There are 280 Kid Bees and counting.
Flexible work schedules
When you have employees all over the world, a flexible work schedule is a must. Every hour of the day you will find busy Bees working. This gives you the freedom to work when you’re at your personal productivity peak. Just because we’re distributed doesn’t mean you won’t see each other. We have a culture that embraces video chat. You are guaranteed to get to know your co-workers cats, dogs, children and tropical fish. 742 Slack #catphotobombs to date.
We also offer a generous vacation plan to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year. Our Bees often take the opportunity to tack vacation days onto our global travel opportunities. We hosted DevOps World | Jenkins World in Nice in 2018.
We invest in the professional growth of our Bees. Attend conferences, sharpen your skills, get certifications and take advantage of mentorship opportunities within CloudBees. Our talent pool runs deep and we share knowledge as a practice. 120 Jenkins Certifications achieved by CloudBees employees and counting.
Casual work environment
CloudBees has a casual work environment and encourages you to come as you are and be your authentic self. We do however encourage wearing pants on Google Hangouts and Slack Calls. Extra points if they’re zubaz.
We are a fast growing, global company
Our global mindset affords Bees with opportunities for global travel and the flexibility to be part of the global software movement in whatever local community you call home. We even have Bees in the Canary Islands!
CloudBees at a glance
CloudBees focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Development Platforms, Software, and Business Development. Their company has offices in Boston, San Jose, Raleigh, Richmond, and Neuchâtel. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, CloudBees has raised $121.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.